[Micronet] AGILE BROWN BAG: Project Planning Without Lying: Monday, October 20 at Noon

[Micronet] AGILE BROWN BAG: Project Planning Without Lying: Monday, October 20 at Noon

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

We all know the dilemma:  The boss wants a one year project plan with dates certain for every step.  Unfortunately, the customer is not yet completely sure what they want.  And, even if they were, we know they will want plenty of changes once the project gets started.

Caught, we do our best, pad our numbers like crazy and pray.

But now there's a real alternative.  Come hear how Agile uses prioritization to get projects done without having to resort to the old fib and pray project planning solution.

Leading our session will be Michelle Bautista of CSS and Devin Jones from Law.  These are two old hands at Agile who have techniques they've developed through hard experience.

Time:  Noon to 1:30
Date:   Monday, 10/20/14
Location: Room 20, California Hall

See you there and remember newcomers are always welcome.

Judy (for the Agile Organizing Committee)

--------------------------
Agile Brown Bag FAQ

Who can come to the meetings?
Anyone with an interest in Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry ([hidden email]).

Do you have any other Agile activities?
We have a hour long introduction to Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.  We are also working on an Agile Web site.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conheim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT) .

How can I get more information?
Feel free to get in touch with any member of the Organizing Committee.