[Micronet] AGILE BROWN BAG: Really Big Agile: Monday, April 27: 12:00 to 1:30: 200C Warren Hall

[Micronet] AGILE BROWN BAG: Really Big Agile: Monday, April 27: 12:00 to 1:30: 200C Warren Hall

Judy Dobry-2
Can we learn something from organizations that have adopted Agile on a really large scale?  Can they help us understand how to harvest Agile's benefits at the unit level?  at the campus level? at the strategic level?

We think so.  That's why we've invited Susan Rafii to speak.  Susan is an expert in Agile for really big organizations.  But the method she uses, Scaled Agile, offers answers to questions we all struggle with including:
  • How do I link the specificity and details of my project to my unit's and the campus's strategic vision?
  • How do I make my project and its tasks relevant to my manager, their manager and on up the chain?
  • How do I make Agile practices relevant to the other groups I work with and to the campus as a whole?
That's a lot of questions but Susan has a lot of answers.  So come hear her speak at our next Agile meeting.

Date: Monday, April 27, 2015
Time:  Noon to 1:30
Place:  200C Warren Hall (corner of Oxford and Hearst)

Call in:  We will have call in access with details provided on the day of the meeting.  We welcome both in person and online participation.  But, in the spirit of Agile, whenever possible we encourage people to come to the meeting in person so we can get to know each other, learn from each other and give our speakers moral support.

See you at the meeting,

Judy (on behalf of the Agile Organizing Committee)

Agile Brown Bag FAQ

Who can come to the meetings?
Anyone with an interest in Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry ([hidden email]).

Do you have a Web site?
agile.berkeley.edu is our web site.  It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

How do I add myself to your mailing list?
Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu.

Do you have any other Agile activities?
We have an hour long introduction to Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT
)
--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

Re: [Micronet] AGILE BROWN BAG: Really Big Agile: Monday, April 27: 12:00 to 1:30: 200C Warren Hall

kimbercarl
If you cannot make it to the meeting in person, here is the BlueJeans meeting information:

To join the Meeting:
https://bluejeans.com/5106438424

To join via Browser:
https://bluejeans.com/5106438424/browser

To join with Lync:
https://bluejeans.com/5106438424/lync

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or- 199.48.152.152
Meeting ID: 5106438424

To join via Phone:
1) Dial:
+1 408 740 7256
+1 888 240 2560(US Toll Free)
+1 408 317 9253(Alternate Number)
(see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID: 5106438424

To join with ISDN:
ISDN:

---
Kimberly Carl, M.L.I.S.
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
119 California Hall
Berkeley, CA  94720
(510) 643-1017

Date: Monday, April 27, 2015
Time:  Noon to 1:30
[...]

This automatic notification message was sent by bSpace (https://bspace.berkeley.edu/portal) from the Cal Agilists site.
You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace > Preferences.