[Micronet] Abobe Acrobat failure on Adobe Creative Suite

[Micronet] Abobe Acrobat failure on Adobe Creative Suite

Bruce Satow
Dear folks,

I ran into a couple issues at the lab regarding the installation of the
campus licensed version of Adobe Creative Suite 6 on Windows 7. I don't
know if anyone else has run into this problem, or what the solution is.
Now I have a user on travel and he reported a problem.

After installing the entire suite, and using it for a few weeks, Acrobat
X Pro that comes with the installation no longer works. PDF's not longer
open and the Acrobat app itself will not execute. Everything else seems
to work.

What is the solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Bruce

Re: [Micronet] Abobe Acrobat failure on Adobe Creative Suite

Jonathan Felder-2
Sometimes acrobat wigs out and won't open any pdfs until the acrobat
process is killed.

Have you tried having the user restart their machine?

--
Jon

On 8/27/12 2:15 PM, Bruce Satow wrote:

> Dear folks,
>
> I ran into a couple issues at the lab regarding the installation of the
> campus licensed version of Adobe Creative Suite 6 on Windows 7. I don't
> know if anyone else has run into this problem, or what the solution is.
> Now I have a user on travel and he reported a problem.
>
> After installing the entire suite, and using it for a few weeks, Acrobat
> X Pro that comes with the installation no longer works. PDF's not longer
> open and the Acrobat app itself will not execute. Everything else seems
> to work.
>
> What is the solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Re: [Micronet] Abobe Acrobat failure on Adobe Creative Suite

Guy D. VINSON
I have run into the same problem...

The two solutions I have used and work are:

1. Remove Acrobat and reinstall

2. If Acrobat was installed as part of the adobe suite open photoshop and open the help menu and deactivate the suite, then close and reopen photoshop and it will open in trial mode and reactivate the suite by putting the install code.
---
Guy Vinson
Infrastructure & IT
College of Environmental Design
510-842-7199

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Bruce Satow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear folks,

I ran into a couple issues at the lab regarding the installation of the
campus licensed version of Adobe Creative Suite 6 on Windows 7. I don't
know if anyone else has run into this problem, or what the solution is.
Now I have a user on travel and he reported a problem.

After installing the entire suite, and using it for a few weeks, Acrobat
X Pro that comes with the installation no longer works. PDF's not longer
open and the Acrobat app itself will not execute. Everything else seems
to work.

What is the solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Bruce

Re: [Micronet] Abobe Acrobat failure on Adobe Creative Suite

tedcrum
On the same subject....

On personal installations of CS6, I've had a window pop up suggesting
that the end-user must obtain an Adobe account. Does this afflict
UC-owned "IT support" installations?

Is the Serializer required for any types of Mac or PC installations
of CS6? Does the serializer work-around having an adobe account?

Thanks,

tc

At 02:43 PM 8/27/2012, you wrote:

>I have run into the same problem...
>
>The two solutions I have used and work are:
>
>1. Remove Acrobat and reinstall
>
>2. If Acrobat was installed as part of the adobe suite open
>photoshop and open the help menu and deactivate the suite, then
>close and reopen photoshop and it will open in trial mode and
>reactivate the suite by putting the install code.
>---
>Guy Vinson
>Infrastructure & IT
>College of Environmental Design
>510-842-7199
>

>On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Bruce Satow
><<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Dear folks,
>I ran into a couple issues at the lab regarding the installation of the
>campus licensed version of Adobe Creative Suite 6 on Windows 7. I don't
>know if anyone else has run into this problem, or what the solution is.
>Now I have a user on travel and he reported a problem.
>After installing the entire suite, and using it for a few weeks, Acrobat
>X Pro that comes with the installation no longer works. PDF's not longer
>open and the Acrobat app itself will not execute. Everything else seems
>to work.
>What is the solution to this problem?
>Thanks,
>Bruce

>world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>known you in the past.

>meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Abobe Acrobat failure on Adobe Creative Suite

Bruce Satow
Hi Guy,

Number two seems to work.  It wasn't fun and a bit tedious (I also did the full suite updating), but everything is running now.

I don't understand why we have to go through this activation and deactivation and activation process.   It is a bit silly and Adobe should be a bit more professional about their site licensed software activation.

Many thanks,
Bruce

On 8/27/2012 2:43 PM, guy vinson wrote:
[...]

System Administrator
University of California at Berkeley
Space Sciences Laboratory
7 Gauss Way
Berkeley, California 94720-7450

Re: [Micronet] Abobe Acrobat failure on Adobe Creative Suite

Guy D. VINSON
Thank the list... I am sure someone would have come up with a solution. I just had the problem early and had time to research it. The IT community on this campus is great and has saved my bacon many times.
---
Guy Vinson
Infrastructure & IT
College of Environmental Design
510-842-7199

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Hilary Schiraldi <[hidden email]> wrote:
...and THIS is why I lurk on Micronet.  I was reduced to opening PDF's in Reader for 3 weeks because Acrobat X wouldn't open, and I hadn't had time to report it to Systems or search online for a fix.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, Guy!

Best,
Hilary

--
Hilary Schiraldi
Head

[...]

Petersen, Joanne

I discovered that if you accept any upgrades to Adobe Acrobat Reader, it will dump Acrobat X access in favor of Reader, and Acrobat X won’t work.  That may still be an issue today (this happened to me last year).  I had to reinstall Acrobat X (and foreswear any Reader upgrade requests sent by Adobe).

Best regards,

Joanne Hiratsuka Petersen

IT Hardware Commodity Manager, Campus Procurement & Contracts

University of California, San Francisco |1855 Folsom #304 | San Francisco, CA 94143-0910

415-502-3026 | [hidden email]