[Micronet] Adobe CS5 Design Premium serial number

[Micronet] Adobe CS5 Design Premium serial number

Rene Viray
Hi Micronetters,
         After extensive research, I determined that Adobe CS5 Design
Premium (Win, Concurrent license) is what we need in
our Department.  Went on Software House International (SHI) and
breeze through the shopping cart and placed the order
for "Production Premium (Win, concurrent) " -- DUH...   Worse, I
didn't realize my error until weeks later, when the person who'll be
using it installed
it and found out that it didn't have Dreamweaver, and that's when
I  found out.  It gets better; in my infinite wisdom, I recommended
it a colleague and sent him the link to the SHI site for Production
Premium 8-)    .  So we now have two copies of the same software we
can't use 8-)

Ok, you can stop LOL now. It might (will) happen to you too one of
these days you know 8-)

So now I beseech the good hearted netizens of Micronet if  I/we might
have a copy of the serial number for Windows-concurrent version of
CS5 Design Premium.
We're trying to get a hold of the rep for SHI to see if we can
somehow swap this with Design Premium. If not, I might end up buying
another copy of Design Premium.

We've compared the serial number of both our Production Premium and
they're the same. I'm assuming that the serial number for CS5 Design Premium
will be the same for everybody on campus who bought it also.

If sending the serial number makes you uneasy, we might  be
interested in a swap with Production Premium. The price different between
the two software is $1.

As always, thanks Micronetters.

Rene Viray
Ph: (510) 643-0873
Email: [hidden email]
2113 Etcheverry Hall

Re: [Micronet] Adobe CS5 Design Premium serial number

David Alan WILLSON
Rene,

While I understand your predicament and am hopeful that you are able to work
out a swap with SHI (please feel free to copy me on this correspondence so
that I can help) I do feel the need to state that we all have an obligation
to ensure that we are licensed for the software that we use and that we open
ourselves up to various risks when we operate outside of our license
agreements.

Regards,

David Willson, C.P.M., CFA
Manager, Strategic Technology Acquisition
Office of the Chief Information Officer

[...]

visit the Micronet Web site:

the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Adobe CS5 Design Premium serial number

Rene Viray
David,
         I understand your position and aware of its ramification. I
was a bit apprehensive in sending the post
but I'm approaching it  "in good faith" and "honest mistake" on my
part.  I will eventually get this cleared but,
at the moment, the productivity of the staff person is stifled
because of my mistake.

Thanks.

Rene