[Micronet] Adobe LiveCycle Designer

Jeremy Howard-2
Do you know if we have licensing or a stand-alone install for this program/suite?  I upgraded a user from Acrobat 9 to 11, and apparently Adobe stopped bundling it with the suite and it is now a standalone application.  I can't figure out where to get it from now, other than Adobe's download site as a 30 day trial or as a purchased license. Simply trying to install it a la carte from he Acrobat 9 Pro suite does not work.  The installer quits and says that "you have a more functional version of Acrobat installed".  And uninstalling 11, reinstalling 9, and then reinstalling 11 over that removes anything from 9. Any ideas?

Adobe Forms Central is a suggested program to use instead, but I'm not really familiar with using it so I don't know if it offers the same kind of functionality.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
J.J. Howard
Campus Shared Services IT

Re: [Micronet] Adobe LiveCycle Designer

Ben Gross
Hi Jeremy,

Yes, Acrobat 10 was the last version of Acrobat Pro to include Adobe Live Cycle Designer (now often called Adobe Designer). With Acrobat XI, it is a separate purchase. Please send a request to [hidden email] with how many licenses you need and which users you need them for. We should be able to help you out. If those users have BigFix/TEM it should be even more straightforward.

More background:

Thank you,
Ben Gross
Manager, Endpoint Engineering and Infrastructure
Information Services and Technology Division
University of California, Berkeley