[Micronet] Adobe password problems.

Bruce Satow
Okay folks,

I tried the new password and it didn't work.

I tried the old password and it worked again.

W.t.h.?

--
  Bruce Satow
  Systems Administrator

  Phone: (510) 643-2348
      Cell: (510) 847-1914

Re: [Micronet] Adobe password problems.

Kerry Hays
Hi Bruce,

I will check with Adobe. I just received a call from another technician that said that the old password was not working for her.

Kerry

On 10/15/2013 10:42 AM, Bruce Satow wrote:
Okay folks,

I tried the new password and it didn't work.

I tried the old password and it worked again.

W.t.h.?

--
  Bruce Satow
  Systems Administrator
  University of California at Berkeley
  Space Sciences Laboratory
  7 Gauss Way
  Berkeley, California 94720-7450

  Phone: (510) 643-2348
      Cell: (510) 847-1914

Re: [Micronet] Adobe password problems.

Bruce Satow
Hi Kerry,

Is it possible to have multiple logins and passwords?

After their hack,  I'm wondering if they have some kind of monitoring program in place to see if identical logins are coming from various locations, and maybe some how it is stalling and triggering a notification.

Just wondering.

Many thanks for all your hard work and efforts!

-Bruce

On 10/15/2013 10:46 AM, Kerry Hays wrote:
[...]

Very strange.

One tech reported that the old password was not working, and suggested that it might have been deactivated after the security breach at Adobe, which prompted the password change. Soon after the change two techs reported that the old password was not working (as one would expect) and the new password was distributed. Today, the new password does/did not work and the old password has worked for two different people.

On 10/15/2013 12:16 PM, Eric H. EICHORN wrote:
[...]

Orlando Antonio Sánchez
I just used the old password and it worked.

Orlando

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Kerry Hays <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

IT Manager
UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA)