[Micronet] Adobe support

Satya Levine
Does anyone know if there are product support resources available to staff
for CS 5.5 beyond the adobe website and their general support number?

Thanks,

Satya Levine

Communications Coordinator

UC Berkeley Osher Lifelong Learning Institute

1925 Walnut St. #1570

Berkeley, CA 94720-1570

Tel: 510.642.5254

Fax: 510.642.2202

http://olli.berkeley.edu

winmail.dat (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [Micronet] Adobe support

Sian Shumway
Hi Satya,

I am currently working with Adobe to discuss how we can bring more training to campus.  There is a class on our UCLearning center for InDesign on 10/25/11.

If you'd like to send me (on or offlist) what you're looking for, I will see if there is anything I can help with immediately, and keep in mind while developing a bigger plan.

Thanks,
Sian
Adobe Product Manager

UC Berkeley | Information Services and Technology | Campus Technology Services: Manager
510.642.0477 office | 510.908.0415 cell

On 10/17/2011 11:53 AM, Satya Levine wrote:
Does anyone know if there are product support resources available to staff
for CS 5.5 beyond the adobe website and their general support number?

Thanks,

Satya Levine

Communications Coordinator

UC Berkeley Osher Lifelong Learning Institute

1925 Walnut St. #1570

Berkeley, CA 94720-1570

Tel: 510.642.5254

Fax: 510.642.2202

http://olli.berkeley.edu

------------------------------------------------------------------------- The following was automatically added to this message by the list server: To learn more about Micronet, including how to subscribe to or unsubscribe from its mailing list and how to find out about upcoming meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Adobe support

Marilyn Saarni-2
Satya -

Were you inquiring about support for using Adobe products, or how to support Adobe products when you have problems?

I have found that their online support resources for problems fairly effective -- I used to check user forums outside of adobe, but a number of them have moved to the adobe.com site (must have been an outreach/sponsorship effort).  Adobe also provides a tool for, say, installation problems, you might want to view - "Adobe Support Advisor," which you can check out at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405816.html

I recall online chats with some particular problem (more bug than anything else), and they didn't charge me.

If you're getting specific errors, it's amazing how much help you'll find by copying a section of the error into google search.

- Marilyn

On Oct 17, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Sian Shumway wrote:

[...]

Yau-Man Chan-2
I want to second Marilyn's answer below.  Adobe has a fantastic support
site with a very well integrated forum for each of their products.
Every question I had about their products over the last month or so has
been answered well and in detail.

Start here: http://www.adobe.com/support/

You can first start by typing in the keywords in their Knowledgebase and
then follow up if needed by searching in the specialize forum for the
various products. Or post your questions and some experience user will
answer or an Adobe support person all get on it.  It's really a joy to
use - and I can say that about most other software companies support sites!

Yau-Man Chan
Chief Technology Officer
College of Chemistry
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1460

Office: 510-643-1034
FAX: 510-643-6178
chemistry.berkeley.edu
[hidden email]

On 10/17/2011 12:50 PM, Marilyn Saarni wrote:

> Satya -
>
> Were you inquiring about support for using Adobe products, or how to
> support Adobe products when you have problems?
>
> I have found that their online support resources for problems fairly
> effective -- I used to check user forums outside of adobe, but a
> number of them have moved to the adobe.com <http://adobe.com> site
> (must have been an outreach/sponsorship effort).  Adobe also provides
> a tool for, say, installation problems, you might want to view -
> "Adobe Support Advisor," which you can check out at
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405816.html
>
> I recall online chats with some particular problem (more bug than
> anything else), and they didn't charge me.
>
> If you're getting specific errors, it's amazing how much help you'll
> find by copying a section of the error into google search.
>
> - Marilyn
>

> On Oct 17, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Sian Shumway wrote:
>
>> Hi Satya,
>>
>> I am currently working with Adobe to discuss how we can bring more
>> training to campus.  There is a class on our UCLearning center for
>> InDesign on 10/25/11.
>>
>> If you'd like to send me (on or offlist) what you're looking for, I
>> will see if there is anything I can help with immediately, and keep
>> in mind while developing a bigger plan.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sian
>> /Adobe Product Manager/
>>
>> *UC Berkeley | Information Services and Technology | Campus
>> Technology Services: Manager*
>> 510.642.0477 office | 510.908.0415 cell
>>

>> On 10/17/2011 11:53 AM, Satya Levine wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if there are product support resources available to staff
>>> for CS 5.5 beyond the adobe website and their general support number?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Satya Levine
>>>
>>> Communications Coordinator
>>>
>>> UC Berkeley Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
>>>
>>> 1925 Walnut St. #1570
>>>
>>> Berkeley, CA 94720-1570
>>>
>>> Tel: 510.642.5254
>>>
>>> Fax: 510.642.2202
>>>
>>> http://olli.berkeley.edu

>>> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>>>
>>> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

>> meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>>
>> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>>
>> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable,
>> and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.
>>  This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your
>> bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Adobe support

Kathleen Valerio
Hi Netters,

I received this link from - The guy who taught the Adobe Overview classes
through Calpact.

I'm not sure how it works. I suppose if there are questions refer them to
Rick Miller <[hidden email]>

****************************

Greetings Kathleen,

We have free, year-long project based curriculum guides available here:

http://edexchange.adobe.com/pages/dbb70fc57a

Cheers!

Rick

Rick Miller <[hidden email]>

Kathleen Valerio

CalPact Coordinator

643-0452

Does anyone know if there are product support resources available to staff
for CS 5.5 beyond the adobe website and their general support number?

Thanks,

Satya Levine

Communications Coordinator

UC Berkeley Osher Lifelong Learning Institute

1925 Walnut St. #1570

Berkeley, CA 94720-1570

Tel: 510.642.5254

Fax: 510.642.2202