[Micronet] Alternative to Google Wave

John McChesney-Young
On a list of this sort I expect almost all of you remember the late
Google Wave, many of you probably tried it, and perhaps one or two of
you even still miss it, as I do. Last night I read about a company
that's released a public beta of something similar:

http://blog.unison.com/blog/2013/4/22/google-wave-take-two

"We never explicitly sought to replicate or compete with Wave -- but
our premise was the same: group email threads are destroying our lives
(or at least our productivity at work…). What we're hearing from
customers  is that their group email usage is shrinking by 70-80%, as
they move conversations to Unison instead."

http://www.unison.com/

My work isn't of a sort where I expect this would be particularly
useful to me personally, but I thought I'd pass it along in case any
Micronetters might find it of sufficient interest to explore further.

John

--
John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020