[Micronet] [Announce] Abatement of IST-Telecommunications Network Group's FreeBSD Mirrors

[Micronet] [Announce] Abatement of IST-Telecommunications Network Group's FreeBSD Mirrors

Isaac Orr
Hi folks,

In the past the networking group made a great deal of use of Free BSD,
and as a result we ran our own local mirror.  These may have been used
in the past by other groups on campus as well.

We're gradually abating our FreeBSD based infrastructure.  As a
result, we will also be abating the FreeBSD mirrors that we run, as of
February 13th, 2015.

Multiple alternate sources for FreeBSD exist, and usage of the mirrors
we run has been incredibly small, so we don't expect any impact from
this.

iso

--
Isaac Simon Orr
Manager, Network Operations and Services