[Micronet] [Announce] Apple Ends Support for Quicktime on Windows
Apple has announced that it will no longer support Quicktime on Windows. 
This means that Quicktime on Windows is now unsupported software and should not be used in compliance with the Minimum Security Standards for Network Devices (MSSND) campus security policy. 
There are multiple zero-day, remote code execution vulnerabilities that Apple has announced they will not be patching. 
* Apple Quicktime on Microsoft Windows platforms
* All users should remove Quicktime on Windows machines.
How to remove Quicktime on Windows:
* Managed Berkeley Desktops with Self-Service have an offer to remove Quicktime on Windows, even if the user has non-admin privileges. Self-Service is available on non-Berkeley Desktops as well if a department has opted into the the service delivered via the BigFix platform and run by EEI. 
* IST customers with Windows machines should coordinate with their service providers to ensure Quicktime is uninstalled on server assets.
* Unmanaged Windows systems can follow Apple's instructions for removing Quicktime. 
Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.