[Micronet] [Announce] Micronet is now an official staff organization/ community of practice

[Micronet] [Announce] Micronet is now an official staff organization/ community of practice

Vivian Sophia
Hi everyone,

Our application for status as an official campus community of practice has been approved. This means we are listed on the staff organizations web site, have a seat on the Council of Staff Organizations, and can have our events listed on the organizations web site. Our page on the staff organizations site can be viewed at http://stafforg.berkeley.edu/organizations/communities-practice/micronet. You will note that this page displays the charter we agreed on earlier this year. If you have ideas about what other information should go on this page, keeping in mind that we will continue to maintain the official Micronet site, you can forward them to me.

On a related note, as an official staff organization, we are covered under the policy for "Time for Staff Participation in Activities of Recognized Staff Organizations, " which states that " campus departments are requested to provide staff employees with opportunities for administrative leave or flexible staffing to participate in the activities of sponsored staff organizations." See http://campuspol.chance.berkeley.edu/policies/stafforg.pdf

Congratulations to Micronet!

Vivian Sophia
Berkeley IT
CSS IT High-Impact Client Support Lead
Micronet Community of Practice Coordinator
University of California, Berkeley
310B Durant Hall