[Micronet] [Announce] Update on mailing list migrations

[Micronet] [Announce] Update on mailing list migrations

Ian Crew
Hi Micronet,

As a reminder, see the bConnected Lists page for all the information about migrating your lists to Google, and using your lists on Google Groups.

Please swing by the Academic Innovation Studio for our mailing list migration kickoff event today from 10:00am-3:30pm. Everyone is welcome.

Cheers,

Re: [Micronet] [Announce] Update on mailing list migrations

Mike Friedman
On 2016-04-28 10:17, Ian Crew wrote:
Hi Micronet,

As a reminder, see the bConnected Lists page for all the information about migrating your lists to Google, and using your lists on Google Groups.

Ian,

I have just completed following the migration instructions for my CalMail lists.  Apparently the lists were successfully migrated. Now I want to continue configuring my list settings, but when I go to "Manage Your bConnected Lists", I eventually wind up on a page that's supposed to be a list of my "groups", but no groups (or lists) are shown.  So how can I proceed with my list configuration?  (In fact, I don't know anything about "groups", since they didn't exist for me in CalMail).

Thanks.

Mike

--
Mike Friedman
[hidden email]

Re: [Micronet] [Announce] Update on mailing list migrations

Ian Crew
Hi all:

Just to follow up on this/close this out, it turns out Mike had a browser window open with his personal Gmail account, not his Berkeley one.  Once he switched to his Berkeley account, the Groups showed up fine.

Cheers,

Ian

On 2016-04-28 10:17, Ian Crew wrote:
Hi Micronet,

[...]

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

[Micronet] [Announce] Re: Update on mailing list migrations

Hi all:

As a follow-up, we passed our 1,000th migrated list at 11:10 this morning, and, if you include newly-created lists, 1,100 lists are now using Google.

The migration process has been going really smoothly so far, so if you’ve been waiting to let the initial bumps work themselves out, come on in—the water’s fine!

As a reminder, see the bConnected Lists page for all the information about migrating your lists to Google, and using your lists on Google Groups.

The only small source of confusion we’ve seen so far is that the 4 options that are offered when you create or migrate a list doesn't currently include a “members can send, hold messages from non-members for moderation” option.  See the Who can post to a bConnected List? document for more details and how to set that option up once you’ve migrated your list.  (This is not available due to a Google bug. We’ll turn on that option as soon as we get a fix.)

Cheers,

Ian

On Apr 28, 2016, at 10:17 AM, Ian Crew <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Micronet,

As a reminder, see the bConnected Lists page for all the information about migrating your lists to Google, and using your lists on Google Groups.

Please swing by the Academic Innovation Studio for our mailing list migration kickoff event today from 10:00am-3:30pm. Everyone is welcome.

Cheers,

Ian

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/9371C2D6-2A20-4091-BD67-87E65886C568%40berkeley.edu.