[Micronet] Announcements for Berkeley Google domain

[Micronet] Announcements for Berkeley Google domain

Bernie Rossi
We are pleased to announce several updates to our Berkeley Google domain:

Unlimited Storage -

Within the next few weeks, we will have unlimited storage for both bMail and bDrive.  Drive doc size will increase to 5TB.  For more information: http://googleforeducation.blogspot.com/2014/09/announcing-drive-for-education-21st.html

Restore Ability -

We now have the ability to restore mail and drive docs up to 25 days in the past.  Please be aware, we can only restore deleted messages or docs for that timeframe, we cannot restore individual messages or docs beyond 25 days.  For more information, see:
http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2014/10/restore-deleted-drive-and-gmail-data.html

Hangouts -

Hangouts is now a core service.  Because our domain is a data restriction location, we will not be able to enable it for a few more months.

Thanks

Bernie

Re: [Micronet] Announcements for Berkeley Google domain

Ryan Lovett-2

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Bernie Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hangouts is now a core service.

Awesome! Thank you!

Ryan

Re: [Micronet] Announcements for Berkeley Google domain

Gary Casterline
I see Google Groups showing up under the 3x3 squaredot app array in bmail.
Did I miss something, or has Groups been enabled  in the Berkeley Google domain now?   _Gary

[...]

Hey Gary,

There are actually two different types of Groups:

Google Groups: this allows users to subscribe/post to outside groups.

Groups for Business: this allows users to create Groups within the
Berkeley domain.

We were given approval to enable Google Groups.  Groups for Business has
not been enabled as of yet.

Thanks,

Bernie