[Micronet] Apache Tomcat experts?

Ian Crew
Hi all:

Are there any Tomcat experts in the audience?  Here's what I'm trying to figure out:

We're doing some load testing on a newly configured server that's running a fairly large web app using Tomcat (<a href="Alfresco--http://www.alfresco.com--if">Alfresco--http://www.alfresco.com--if that makes a difference).  After testing for a while, the partition with /var/cache/tomcat6 has filled up, with that directory taking over 38GB of space.  More specifically:

$ du -h --max-depth=2 /var/cache/tomcat6/
4.7M /var/cache/tomcat6/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-2022
12K /var/cache/tomcat6/temp/ehcache_auto_created_1284043936404
15G /var/cache/tomcat6/temp/Alfresco
38G /var/cache/tomcat6/temp
1.7M /var/cache/tomcat6/work/Catalina
1.7M /var/cache/tomcat6/work
38G /var/cache/tomcat6/

The fact that we've run out of space on that partition doesn't seem to be adversely affecting Alfresco: as far as I can tell, it's still running just fine.

Still, we'd rather not be running out of space on our partitions, for all the obvious reasons.

SO, is there some way to set tomcat to limit how much space it uses for these cache files?  My (apparently rather inept) googling hasn't turned up much that I can understand.

Thanks!

Media Vault Program
Information Services and Technology-Data Services
University of California, Berkeley
2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor

Outgoing Chair, Chancellor's Staff Advisory Committee

Re: [Micronet] Apache Tomcat experts?

Ian Crew
Oh:

We're running Tomcat 6.0.26 on RHEL 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5, if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

Ian