[Micronet] AppNet meeting - 5/23 - Privacy Principles and Privacy by Design

[Micronet] AppNet meeting - 5/23 - Privacy Principles and Privacy by Design

Devin Jones
This AppNet topic is also likely to be interesting to folks outside of
software development-

Topic: Privacy Principles and Privacy by Design
Time:  May 23, Thursday at 2-3:30pm.
Where: 134 Boalt Hall

A conversation with Ann Geyer, Berkeley Chief Privacy Officer, to
discuss how developers can use the 5 established Fair Information
Practice Principles (FIPPs) of privacy to guide their system designs
and implementations.  Ann will address campus privacy policy and
Berkeley's Electronics Communications Policy (ECP) concerns raised by
developers.

Ann writes, "Questions in advance are more than welcome.  I'm open to
any questions.  But would like the session to be more interactive than
just me answering questions."

FIPPs
http://www.ftc.gov/reports/privacy3/fairinfo.shtm

Privacy by Design:
http://www.privacybydesign.ca/content/uploads/2009/08/7foundationalprinciples.pdf

Berkeley ECP:
https://security.berkeley.edu/policy/ucb-ecp?destination=node/50

Re: [Micronet] AppNet meeting - 5/23 - Privacy Principles and Privacy by Design

Devin Jones
Correction - this meeting is on WEDNESDAY, May 23

On 5/9/2012 10:50 AM, Devin Jones wrote:

> This AppNet topic is also likely to be interesting to folks outside of
> software development-
>
> Topic: Privacy Principles and Privacy by Design
> Time:  May 23, WEDNESDAY at 2-3:30pm.
> Where: 134 Boalt Hall

> A conversation with Ann Geyer, Berkeley Chief Privacy Officer, to
> discuss how developers can use the 5 established Fair Information
> Practice Principles (FIPPs) of privacy to guide their system designs
> and implementations.  Ann will address campus privacy policy and
> Berkeley's Electronics Communications Policy (ECP) concerns raised by
> developers.
>
> Ann writes, "Questions in advance are more than welcome.  I'm open to
> any questions.  But would like the session to be more interactive than
> just me answering questions."
>
> FIPPs
> http://www.ftc.gov/reports/privacy3/fairinfo.shtm
>
> Privacy by Design: