[Micronet] BFS 9.0, webnow, and Java version.

[Micronet] BFS 9.0, webnow, and Java version.

Bruce Satow
One of our BFS/Finance business users was complaining about not being
able to print the receipt image on BFS via webnow using IE8. She could
view it, but could not print it.  I resolved the problem. I found that
you cannot use the latest version of Java, which is at 7.  When I rolled
her back to Java version 6 she was able to print the image again.  These
images were generated from https://imagineweb.berkeley.edu/webnow/   I
just wanted to mention this here, just in case someone else may of run
into a similar problem due to Java updates.

--
University of California at Berkeley
Space Sciences Laboratory

Re: [Micronet] BFS 9.0, webnow, and Java version.

Nicholas Phelps
Thanks for documenting this, Bruce.

We recently worked with the BFS and Bear Buy teams to  document supported
browsers for BAIRS, Bear Buy, BFSv9, and Cal Answers. This information was
supposed to be posted but I do not have the URL. I will reply to Micronet as
soon as I have it.

We are waiting for our vendor to release their much anticipated software
update which will support Java 7. Our current version supports Java 6
through update 32 but not 7.
Nick Phelps

One of our BFS/Finance business users was complaining about not being able
to print the receipt image on BFS via webnow using IE8. She could view it,
but could not print it.  I resolved the problem. I found that you cannot use
the latest version of Java, which is at 7.  When I rolled her back to Java
version 6 she was able to print the image again.  These
images were generated from https://imagineweb.berkeley.edu/webnow/   I
just wanted to mention this here, just in case someone else may of run into
a similar problem due to Java updates.

--
University of California at Berkeley
Space Sciences Laboratory
7 Gauss Way
Berkeley, California 94720-7450

visit the Micronet Web site:

the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
employers, and people who have known you in the past.