[Micronet] Berkeley Google Docs partner services - Google Apps?

[Micronet] Berkeley Google Docs partner services - Google Apps?

Jeanette Zerneke
Hi Micronetters,
  Does anyone remember the  UCB partner Google service to provide special google accounts for the berkeley.edu namespace???
A couple of faculty members that I'm working with have these accounts and regular google logins and they're conflicting.
The situation is making it so that we cannot share documents at all.  We want to delete the Berkeley specific google account, but can't find any way to do this.

I think the account is in an enterprise service set up and administrated by UCB  with a link to the berkeley.edu domain.   It requires that the users in it have addresses with a .berkeley.edu extension.    From what I can find about this service,  a user cannot delete their account.  They must request it be deleted by  their Google Apps administrator.  IS & T help support hasn't found any information about it.

What is Google Apps?

Google Apps is a suite of Google applications that brings together essential services to help your business. This is a hosted service that lets businesses, schools, and institutions use a variety of Google products - including Email, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and Google Talk - on a unique domain (e.g. www.yourcompany.com).

For instance, if you own the domain name example.com, and you sign up for Google Apps services, everyone at your organization will get:

  • a custom email address ([hidden email])
  • tools for word processing
  • spreadsheets and presentations
  • a shared calendaring system
  • tools for creating web pages and sites for your business
  • access to a flexible intranet system

******************

The login page for the Berkeley Google docs is:   https://www.google.com/a/berkeley.edu
Welcome to berkeley.edu documents and spreadsheets program, powered by Google. Get started creating new documents, or upload your existing documents. The familiar desktop-feel makes editing easy, and the sharing tools make it easy to choose who can edit or view your files.

Once I log into the berkeley google docs, on the top bar, the first option is not the web but Start Page.  When I click on that I get:

If  when trying to login I choose forgot my password I get:

Google

Forgot your username or password?

Please contact your domain administrator to help you access your username or reset your password.

thanks for any help you can offer,

Jeanette Zerneke
ECAI