[Micronet] Blank screen on Airbears login?

[Micronet] Blank screen on Airbears login?

Quinn Dombrowski
I have a MacBook Pro, and for the last few weeks when I've connected to Airbears, I haven't been able to authenticate. The window pops up with the button that should take you to the Calnet authentication page, but when I click the button, I just get a white screen. Once or twice I've managed to get to Calnet authentication, but usually it's just the white screen. This has happened all over campus; in most places, I've been able to connect to Airbears2 and just use that instead.

I thought it was just me, but the other day I saw someone else with the same problem. Are other people experiencing this? Has anyone figured out how to fix it?

Thanks,
Quinn

Re: [Micronet] Blank screen on Airbears login?

David Baxter
Hi Quinn,

I notice this happens to me on my Mac after I've put it to sleep. Sometimes totally closing my web browsers and reconnecting to AirBears works for me, but barring that, restarting the computer always does the trick for me. Not sure if that counts as a "fix", though.

Cheers,
David

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Quinn Dombrowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a MacBook Pro, and for the last few weeks when I've connected to Airbears, I haven't been able to authenticate. The window pops up with the button that should take you to the Calnet authentication page, but when I click the button, I just get a white screen. Once or twice I've managed to get to Calnet authentication, but usually it's just the white screen. This has happened all over campus; in most places, I've been able to connect to Airbears2 and just use that instead.

I thought it was just me, but the other day I saw someone else with the same problem. Are other people experiencing this? Has anyone figured out how to fix it?

Thanks,
Quinn

David Baxter
Biodiversity Informatics Manager
University and Jepson Herbaria
1001 Valley Life Sciences Building

Re: [Micronet] Blank screen on Airbears login?

It’s not really a fix, but using AirBears2 or Eduroam would avoid this issue…..

Ian

On Nov 13, 2014, at 9:02 AM, Quinn Dombrowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro, and for the last few weeks when I've connected to Airbears, I haven't been able to authenticate. The window pops up with the button that should take you to the Calnet authentication page, but when I click the button, I just get a white screen. Once or twice I've managed to get to Calnet authentication, but usually it's just the white screen. This has happened all over campus; in most places, I've been able to connect to Airbears2 and just use that instead.

I thought it was just me, but the other day I saw someone else with the same problem. Are other people experiencing this? Has anyone figured out how to fix it?

Thanks,
Quinn

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

Re: [Micronet] Blank screen on Airbears login?

Ian Crew
I’d suggest doing it the other way around: For me, I have eduroam set as my most-preferred WiFi network  followed by AirBears2, then AirBears.  That means I effectively never have to bother with entering my CalNet passphrase just to get on the network….

Cheers,

Ian

On Nov 13, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Quinn Dombrowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

University of California, Berkeley

___