[Micronet] Browser whitelist tools

Graham Patterson

It looks like I am going to have to set up a system with a browser
whitelist. Does anyone have any strong feelings about tools to do this?

I could do it by firewall, but that is mostly IP based which is
unreliable if a remote host is moved. Plus the administration overhead
is more than I want to get into. Putting in browser controls does
provide some user feedback while IP blocks just generate a help request
for a broken network 8-)

I'd like to avoid a white/blacklist debate. In this case the white list
is definitely the smaller and finite domain.

Some examples of plug-ins or methods to show what I'm considering:

ProCon Latte (Firefox)

A fake Content Advisor entry and creating a list of Approved Sites

Any favorites or unexpected consequences?