[Micronet] CalAgenda update - Service will be offline starting at 3pm today

[Micronet] CalAgenda update - Service will be offline starting at 3pm today

Bernie Rossi
We will be taking CalAgenda offline at 3pm PDT today, Tuesday May 25, to
perform unscheduled maintenance intended to correct database corruption
issues that started around 9pm on Monday evening.  CalAgenda should be
available for use by 8am PDT on Wednesday, May 26.

Please print a copy of your calendar for today, if you will need to
reference it after 3pm.  If at all possible, please wait until tomorrow
morning to schedule new meetings.

Errors resulting from the database corruption are impacting both the
desktop client and web client.  We have no immediate workaround.

We will provide updates as the work progresses to the CalAgenda homepage
<URL:http://calagenda.berkeley.edu> as well as the IST System Status
page <URL:http://systemstatus.berkeley.edu>.

We will attempt to retain as much calendar data as possible when
performing the maintenance; however, there is a risk of some data loss,
particularly with meetings scheduled this week.  Unfortunately, there
are no good options for dealing with this kind of issue within Oracle
Calendar.  We will have the system back to a working state as soon as
possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

CalAgenda Team

Re: [Micronet] [MAGNet] CalAgenda update - Service will be offline starting at 3pm today

Paul Fisher-2
On 05/25/2010 11:55 AM, Bernie Rossi wrote:
> We will be taking CalAgenda offline at 3pm PDT today, Tuesday May
> 25, to perform unscheduled maintenance intended to correct database
> corruption issues that started around 9pm on Monday evening.
> CalAgenda should be available for use by 8am PDT on Wednesday, May
> 26.

CalAgenda is back online -- the outage was resolved around 10:04pm PDT
this evening.  We were able to correct the database corruption issues.
Sorry for the lengthy outage today; unfortunately this work had to be
performed as an offline operation.

Paul