[Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Noam Manor
Is anyone else having trouble authenticating this morning? I am getting the following message:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

message

description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.36

Re: [Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Rune Stromsness-2
On 30-Apr-13 07:03, Noam Manor wrote:

> Is anyone else having trouble authenticating this morning? I am getting the following message:
>
> HTTP Status 404 -
>
> type Status report
>
> message
>
> description The requested resource is not available.
>
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.36
Yes, I'm seeing the same (from multiple browsers on multiple networks,
etc.).  I just called the after-hours support desk and escalated the
issue so that the on-call person from the CalNet team should be contacted.

Rune

Rune Stromsness
Network Operations & Services
Telecommunications

Re: [Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Ian Crew
I'm also seeing the same thing when I attempt to connect to bSpace, blu, bMail, etc.  so it seems to be our central authentication infrastructure, not any particular app.

Ian

On Apr 30, 2013, at 7:13 AM, Rune Stromsness <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 30-Apr-13 07:03, Noam Manor wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble authenticating this morning? I am getting the following message:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

message

description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.36

Yes, I'm seeing the same (from multiple browsers on multiple networks,
etc.).  I just called the after-hours support desk and escalated the
issue so that the on-call person from the CalNet team should be contacted.

Rune

Rune Stromsness
Network Operations & Services
Telecommunications

___

Migration Coordinator, bConnected Project

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

Re: [Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Noam Manor

That’s right. Multiple apps, devices, and networks.

Re: [Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Ian Crew
I just noticed that there's now a notice up about this on http://systemstatus.berkeley.edu:

Unscheduled Outage CalNet Authentication

Posted by CSS IT ~ mp
On 4/30/2013 at 7:25 am PST
Posted in Unscheduled Outage

Outage Type: UNSCHEDULED OUTAGE
Date Submitted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Outage Start/End Time: 0646 – TBD
Groups Impacted: Campus wide
Equipment: CalNet

Description: The IST Service Center is receiving reports of a possible system problem being reported campus wide. Symptoms being reported are reports of possible CalNet Authentication issues. IST staff is currently responding to this problem.

IST staff is working quickly to identify the source of the outage and to restore services as quickly as possible.

CMR: TBD

Ian

On Apr 30, 2013, at 7:22 AM, "Noam Manor" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

University of California, Berkeley

___

Migration Coordinator, bConnected Project

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

Re: [Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Baril
Still down at 7:28 am. Getting mail on my phone, though. (Obviously)

Roy

Roy A. Baril
Director of Technology
UC Berkeley

On Apr 30, 2013, at 7:22 AM, "Noam Manor" <[hidden email]> wrote:

That’s right. Multiple apps, devices, and networks.

Re: [Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Noam Manor

Email is working for me via a client on the campus network as well.

Re: [Micronet] CalNet Authentication Error

Dedra Chamberlin
<base href="x-msg://8646/">Hi Everyone,

The CalNet team has received reports and is investigating. Will send update to Service Desk momentarily

- Dedra

Dedra Chamberlin, Deputy Director
Identity and Access Management
UCSF and UC Berkeley