[Micronet] CalNet CAS busted this morning...??

[Micronet] CalNet CAS busted this morning...??

Greg Merritt
UCB CAS Drupal sites that I check this morning (hrweb, engineering, IST content managementmy sites, etc.) appear busted for new logins -- see attached -- although single sign-on passthrough for already-authenticated browser sessions lets me in.

Anybody know what changed?  And where's the best place to report?

Thanks!

-Greg

Inline image 1

Re: [Micronet] CalNet CAS busted this morning...??

Lori Brooks-Manas
It's already been reported on the System Status page:

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]> wrote:
UCB CAS Drupal sites that I check this morning (hrweb, engineering, IST content managementmy sites, etc.) appear busted for new logins -- see attached -- although single sign-on passthrough for already-authenticated browser sessions lets me in.

Anybody know what changed?  And where's the best place to report?

Thanks!

-Greg

Inline image 1

Lori Brooks
Administrative IT Solutions | Information Services & Technology
CalTime Training Support

510-332-2493

OFFICE SCHEDULE:
Mon/Tues/Weds/Fri until 2:00pm
Thurs until 1:00pm

Re: [Micronet] CalNet CAS busted this morning...??

adamz
Hi Greg,

At this time the CAS server appears to be down, affecting all systems that require a new CAS session. The CalNet Team has already been notified and a status page posting just went up. You can view it at http://ucbsystems.org

As soon as more information is available the CSS-IT Service Desk will update the status page.

Best Regards,

Adam Zukauckas
Service Desk Analyst 2
Campus Shared Services IT
1608 4th Street
Berkeley, CA, 94710
[hidden email]

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]> wrote:
UCB CAS Drupal sites that I check this morning (hrweb, engineering, IST content managementmy sites, etc.) appear busted for new logins -- see attached -- although single sign-on passthrough for already-authenticated browser sessions lets me in.

Anybody know what changed?  And where's the best place to report?

Thanks!

-Greg

Inline image 1

Re: [Micronet] CalNet CAS busted this morning...??

Jon Broshious-2
It's only one of the CAS servers with an issue. Keep trying to get a CalNet token until you succeed.

On 9/2/2014 7:37 AM, Adam Z wrote:
[...]

Information Services and Technology
Architecture, Platforms, and Integration
Enterprise Email Systems

Re: [Micronet] CalNet CAS busted this morning...??

Greg Merritt
lol I checked there first...So, from my timeline/perspective, it has *since* been posted; it hadn't *already* been posted. ;)

It's working for me now!  Thanks everyone!

-Greg

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Lori Brooks <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's already been reported on the System Status page:

Re: [Micronet] CalNet CAS busted this morning...??

Lori Brooks-Manas
Yes, it's all about timing. :-)

I also subscribe to the email list for system status updates and that is how I learned about the outage first:

YMMV...

Lori