[Micronet] CalNet - The Next Generation

Dedra Chamberlin
Hi everyone,

The CalNet team is rolling out some pretty amazing new services, from CalAccess to CalGroups to new "non-person" accounts to a new guest management system. In the midst of all this, the team itself is going through some "next generation" changes, and I wanted to give you all an update.

Dedra Preparing to Move On
After about 7 years managing the CalNet team, I have decided to pursue new endeavors. The UC Berkeley IAM Manager position is now listed at http://jobs.berkeley.edu, job #17774. I have given ample notice and will be around to assist with transition and orientation of the new Manager. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about the position.

Sondra Reinman is Retiring!
For many years, Sondra has been the rock of the CalNet team and a huge assist to many campus staff who interact with CalNet services. At the end of June, she'll be turning her attention to more gardening, and art projects and dancing and anything else that sounds fun! But never fear...

Mimi Mugler joins the CalNet team!
Mimi Mugler will replace Sondra fulltime starting July 1. She is no stranger to enterprise application support, having served as the campus calendar maven for years, and playing a key role in the campus migration to bConnected services. We are thrilled to have her join us!

Francesco Meschia off to Apple
Francesco Meschia, who worked for the CalNet team over the past 2 1/2 years has accepted a position at Apple Computer. He was the lead developer behind our CalAccess service, and he has left us with an awesome product that will serve the campus for years to come. The fulltime, permanent Applications Programmer 4 position will be posted soon.

Soeren Glasius to join CalNet for one year
Soeren has accepted a one-year contract developer position with CalNet. He'll be instrumental in helping build out and enhance the web apps for CalAccess and CalGroups, as well as migrating some of our legacy CalNet web apps to our new platform.

CalNet Support Position Approved forĀ  One Year
Funding has been approved to hire a fulltime CalNet Tier 2 Support Coordinator for one year. This person will work with staff at the Cal 1 Card office, CSS-IT, SNS, and other key stakeholders to help define and coordinate CalNet service management. This job will be posted soon. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

- Dedra