[Micronet] CalShare Demo Questions/Follow-up

[Micronet] CalShare Demo Questions/Follow-up

Michael LEEFERS

I would like to thank everyone who came todays CalShare Upgrade Meeting.  Below are some of the questions and answers to those questions that came up in today's meeting.  I have also added this information to the Meeting announcement in CalShare https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=15

1.  Master or consolidated calendar?

                I think a feature called Calendars Overlay might be what you are looking for.  Check out http://www.sharepoint911.com/blogs/jennifer/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=03eb5002%2Ddb5e%2D4f06%2Dbd2d%2D3b7b00d3de82&ID=42

2.  Directions for conversion?

                We will have more detailed KB as we get closer to upgrade but the steps in a nut shell are  At the root site collection level, Click on Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings.  Under Site Collection Administration Column click on Visual Upgrade > Update All Sites

3.  Any new wiki features?

                The biggest change is the ability to added web parts right to wiki pages.

4.  A date to clean up sites before migration. Will recycle bin come over?

                You can start the cleanup any time, and it can even occur after the upgrade.  More than likely we will start getting our Data on the new SQL server in sync with the current SQL server a couple of weeks prior to upgrading. The recycle bin will come over during the upgrade.

5.  When will recharge model for mysites be available?

                This is still to be determined, but we will update everyone when we have a rate.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to send them to [hidden email]

Michael