[Micronet] CalShare Upgrade update

calshareservice
CalShare Users,

We are currently finalizing our upgrade testing and ready to start the
next phase of our upgrade process.  As was talked about when we first had
discussions on the upgrade, we will be giving site collection
administrators the ability to preview their sites in our upgraded
development environment.  In this development environment site collection
administrators will be able to practice the steps they will be responsible
for to finalize the upgrade process for their sites.  Plus they will be
able to identify any problems and hopefully address them prior to the
production upgrade.

Key Dates:
Nov 15th-Dec 5th : Site Colletion Admin testing in development environment.
Dec 6th : Site Colletion Admin testing in development will end.
Dec 10th : CalShare production Upgrade begins.  Access to CalShare will be
disabled at 8 PM
Dec 11th-12th: CalShare sites will not be accessible while upgrade work is
done.
Dec 13th: Access to CalShare will be enabled again by 7AM.  Site
collection administrators will be able to finalize their portion of the
upgrade at their leisure.

As a reminder we will not be installing any of the webparts currently
deployed.  The CalShare Team highly recommends removing any 3rd party web
parts from all sites and pages they have been added to.

An upgrade Calendar can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/2010%20Upgrade/calendar.aspx

Original upgrade notice and slide deck can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=15

We will also post the steps needed to finalize the upgrade once we get a
bit closer to the End User testing in Dev environment date.

If you have any questions please feel free to send them to
[hidden email]

Thank You for your Time.
CalShare Team

Re: [Micronet] CalShare Upgrade update

calshareservice
CalShare Site Collection Administrators,

There will be a delay in getting access to the newly upgraded Dev
environment.  One of our upgrade processes is taking a bit longer than
anticipated.

We are hoping that the process will finish some time tonight so you can
access the dev site tomorrow.

We will provide information on accessing and finalizing the upgrade once
the dev site is accessible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
CalShare Team

> CalShare Users,
>
> We are currently finalizing our upgrade testing and ready to start the
> next phase of our upgrade process.  As was talked about when we first had
> discussions on the upgrade, we will be giving site collection
> administrators the ability to preview their sites in our upgraded
> development environment.  In this development environment site collection
> administrators will be able to practice the steps they will be responsible
> for to finalize the upgrade process for their sites.  Plus they will be
> able to identify any problems and hopefully address them prior to the
> production upgrade.
>
> Key Dates:
> Nov 15th-Dec 5th : Site Colletion Admin testing in development
> environment.
> Dec 6th : Site Colletion Admin testing in development will end.
> Dec 10th : CalShare production Upgrade begins.  Access to CalShare will be
> disabled at 8 PM
> Dec 11th-12th: CalShare sites will not be accessible while upgrade work is
> done.
> Dec 13th: Access to CalShare will be enabled again by 7AM.  Site
> collection administrators will be able to finalize their portion of the
> upgrade at their leisure.
>
> As a reminder we will not be installing any of the webparts currently
> deployed.  The CalShare Team highly recommends removing any 3rd party web
> parts from all sites and pages they have been added to.
>
> An upgrade Calendar can be found here
> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/2010%20Upgrade/calendar.aspx
>
> Original upgrade notice and slide deck can be found here
> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=15
>
> We will also post the steps needed to finalize the upgrade once we get a
> bit closer to the End User testing in Dev environment date.
>
> If you have any questions please feel free to send them to
> [hidden email]
>
> Thank You for your Time.
> CalShare Team

Re: [Micronet] CalShare Upgrade update

calshareservice
CalShare Site Collection Administrators,

CalSharedev.berkeley.edu is now available for testing.

More information on steps each Site Collection Administrator will need to
take to enable their sites for SharePoint 2010 features can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17

General information on the upgrade timeline can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17

CalShare Team

> CalShare Site Collection Administrators,
>
> There will be a delay in getting access to the newly upgraded Dev
> environment.  One of our upgrade processes is taking a bit longer than
> anticipated.
>
> We are hoping that the process will finish some time tonight so you can
> access the dev site tomorrow.
>
> We will provide information on accessing and finalizing the upgrade once
> the dev site is accessible.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
> CalShare Team
>

>> CalShare Users,
>>
>> We are currently finalizing our upgrade testing and ready to start the
>> next phase of our upgrade process.  As was talked about when we first
>> had
>> discussions on the upgrade, we will be giving site collection
>> administrators the ability to preview their sites in our upgraded
>> development environment.  In this development environment site
>> collection
>> administrators will be able to practice the steps they will be
>> responsible
>> for to finalize the upgrade process for their sites.  Plus they will be
>> able to identify any problems and hopefully address them prior to the
>> production upgrade.
>>
>> Key Dates:
>> Nov 15th-Dec 5th : Site Colletion Admin testing in development
>> environment.
>> Dec 6th : Site Colletion Admin testing in development will end.
>> Dec 10th : CalShare production Upgrade begins.  Access to CalShare will
>> be
>> disabled at 8 PM
>> Dec 11th-12th: CalShare sites will not be accessible while upgrade work
>> is
>> done.
>> Dec 13th: Access to CalShare will be enabled again by 7AM.  Site
>> collection administrators will be able to finalize their portion of the
>> upgrade at their leisure.
>>
>> As a reminder we will not be installing any of the webparts currently
>> deployed.  The CalShare Team highly recommends removing any 3rd party
>> web
>> parts from all sites and pages they have been added to.
>>
>> An upgrade Calendar can be found here
>> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/2010%20Upgrade/calendar.aspx
>>
>> Original upgrade notice and slide deck can be found here
>> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=15
>>
>> We will also post the steps needed to finalize the upgrade once we get a
>> bit closer to the End User testing in Dev environment date.
>>
>> If you have any questions please feel free to send them to
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Thank You for your Time.
>> CalShare Team

Re: [Micronet] CalShare Upgrade update

calshareservice
CalShare Site Collection Administrators,

This is just a reminder that you have until the morning of December 6th to
test the final upgrade steps that need to be performed by you (Site
Collection Administrators) in the upgraded CalShare Dev environment.  This
is also your opportunity to let your site users view what changes will be
in store for them once the upgrade takes place.

We would like to thank those site collection administrators that have
already gone through the process and have provided feedback. Currently 15%
of the site collection administrators have gone through the final upgrade
steps.

If anyone has and questions or issues please feel free to send them to
[hidden email].

CalShare Team

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:38:16 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> [...]

>>> collection administrators will be able to finalize their portion of
the

>>> upgrade at their leisure.
>>>
>>> As a reminder we will not be installing any of the webparts currently
>>> deployed.  The CalShare Team highly recommends removing any 3rd party
>>> web
>>> parts from all sites and pages they have been added to.
>>>
>>> An upgrade Calendar can be found here
>>> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/2010%20Upgrade/calendar.aspx
>>>
>>> Original upgrade notice and slide deck can be found here

https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=15

>>> We will also post the steps needed to finalize the upgrade once we get

>>> bit closer to the End User testing in Dev environment date.
>>>
>>> If you have any questions please feel free to send them to

CalShare Site Collection Administrators and Users,

This is just a reminder that access to the upgraded Dev environment for
CalShare will be ending Dec 6th.  If you are a site collection
administrator and have not followed the steps provided to finalize the
upgrade for your dev site collection please do so ASAP.  More information
on how to finalize the upgrade can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17

The CalShare Team will to work with site collection administrators until
Dec 3rd  to help resolve issues in Dev, and provide steps to help mitigate
issue(s) or provide steps to resolve issue(s) once the production upgrade
occurs.

To help and encourage all site administrators to fully test their upgraded
site in the DEV environment, we are offering Windows Team consulting
assistance at no charge.  Consulting hours will still be available in the
Production environment, but  the usual Time & Materials recharge rate of
$86 will apply.

Below is the most common issue that has arisen to date.

Error "Could not load file or assembly ..."

We have had several requests for help from users that have gone to their
upgraded site and get an error page, with an error similar to "Could not
load file or assembly 'Ch.Ugszrh.Webparts, Version=0.2.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=27828b94c818161e' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. "

This error occurs since the page has a webpart in it, or references a web
part that is not supported in the new environment.  Information on the
Webparts that will not be supported after the upgrade can be found on
slide 17 of the following presentation
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/Attachments/15/2010Upgrade.pdf

In preparation for the Upgrade

In preparation for the upgrade we highly recommend removing all 3rd party
web parts from your pages.  One thing to be aware of when looking at your
paged for these webparts, is to check to see if they are installed, but
just closed.  We have seen several instances where some thought they
removed the web part, but instead of removing the webpart, they just
closed it.  This means the part is still on the page, but it is not
visible.  The way to double check to see what webparts are truly on a page
is to go to the "Web Part Page Maintenance" page.  To get to this page you
simple add the string ?contents=1 at the end of the url on the page in
question.  For example you have page
https://calsharedev.berkeley.edu/sites/foo/default.aspx and you want to
see all the webparts on this page just modify the url to be
https://calsharedev.berkeley.edu/sites/foo/default.aspx?contents=1.  This
will take you to a page that shows all the webparts on the page that are
Opened and Closed.  We recommend removing any webparts that are closed in
addition to all webparts that will not be supported after the upgrade.

Post Upgrade

If after the upgrade, or in our current Dev site you get the error "Could
not load file or assembly ..." there are a couple of simple steps you can
take.

1) Go to the "Web Part Page Maintenance" page (instruction on how to get
there are in the section above "In preparation for the upgrade") and
remove all closed  webparts, and webparts that show “error”.
2) Once the webparts are removed you will need to connect to the site
using SharePoint Designer 2010.  Once connected to the site with
SharePoint Designer 2010, open the page in question for editing, find the
webpart causing issues on the page and delete it, now save the page.

If you followed the steps above, but do not see the offending webpart
listed or you are still getting the error on the page, in most cases this
page has been modified using SharePoint Designer previously and references
to a webpart are embedded in the page.  The solution for this is to Use
SharePoint Designer 2010 and reset the page back to the Site Definition.
Connect to the site using SharePoint Designer 2010.  Once connected to the
site with SharePoint Designer 2010, right click on the page in question
and reset the page back to the Site Definition then save the page. If you
had to take these steps in the Dev Environment it is recommended that you
use SharePoint Designer 2007 to connect to the page in question in the
current production environment and reset the page back to the Site
Definition prior to the production upgrade.

CalShare Team

> CalShare Site Collection Administrators,
>
> This is just a reminder that you have until the morning of December 6th to
> test the final upgrade steps that need to be performed by you (Site
> Collection Administrators) in the upgraded CalShare Dev environment.  This
> is also your opportunity to let your site users view what changes will be
> in store for them once the upgrade takes place.
>
> We would like to thank those site collection administrators that have
> already gone through the process and have provided feedback. Currently 15%
> of the site collection administrators have gone through the final upgrade
> steps.
>
> If anyone has and questions or issues please feel free to send them to
> [hidden email].
>
> CalShare Team
>

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:38:16 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
>> CalShare Site Collection Administrators,
>>
>> CalSharedev.berkeley.edu is now available for testing.
>>
>> More information on steps each Site Collection Administrator will need
>> take to enable their sites for SharePoint 2010 features can be found
> here
>>
> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17
>>
>> General information on the upgrade timeline can be found here
>>
> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17
>>
>> CalShare Team
>>
>>> CalShare Site Collection Administrators,
>>>
>>> There will be a delay in getting access to the newly upgraded Dev
>>> environment.  One of our upgrade processes is taking a bit longer than
>>> anticipated.
>>>
>>> We are hoping that the process will finish some time tonight so you can
>>> access the dev site tomorrow.
>>>
>>> We will provide information on accessing and finalizing the upgrade
> once
>>> the dev site is accessible.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>>> CalShare Team

> be

> will
> work
> the

> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=15

Re: [Micronet] CalShare Upgrade update

calshareservice
CalShare Site Collection Administrators and Users,

Just a couple of days left to test your site in Dev.  We will be bringing
down the Dev server Monday morning to prep for the production upgrade Dec
10th. More information on upgrade can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=16

More Information on Testing your upgraded site can be found below and here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17

Less than 50% of the sites have completed the final steps that all site
collection administrators will need to do to finalize the upgrade.  We
highly recommend that you test the process in Dev so you are familiar with
it, and any changes it will make to your site when the production upgrade
occurs.

As we stated ealier this week to help and encourage all site
> [...]

>>> More information on steps each Site Collection Administrator will need
>>> take to enable their sites for SharePoint 2010 features can be found
>> here
>>>
>> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17
>>>
>>> General information on the upgrade timeline can be found here
>>>
>> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17
>>>
>>> CalShare Team

>> once

>> be

>> will
>> work
>> the

>> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=15

Re: [Micronet] CalShare Upgrade update

calshareservice
CalShare Site Collection Administrators and Users,

I just want to thank all the CalShare Site Collection Administrators and
users that went through the upgrade steps and in CalShare Dev.  Your
testing and feedback was most helpful to the CalShare Team, and we hope
giving you a chance to identify and work through any issues was a benefit
for you also.

As was mentioned previously,  today we will be bringing down the Dev site
in preparation for our production upgrade this weekend.  All content that
was imported into the Dev environment for testing will be deleted.  We
will bring down the Dev site at noon today, so you have a couple more
hours to get in any testing you might want to do.

We had 35 of just over 90 sites, follow the steps provided and finalize
the upgrade to their CalShare sites in dev.  For those Site Collection
administrators that did not have a chance to test the process, we will be
providing detailed instructions post upgrade, on the steps that need to be
taken.  If you remove all 3rd party webparts from your site prior to the
upgrade this Friday, you will mitigate most of the issues we have seen
during the upgrade process.  As we stated in previous emails if you do
have any issues post upgrade the Windows Team will offer consulting
assistance in the Production Environment, but the usual Time & Materials
recharge rate of $86 will apply.

More detailed information on the upgrade Dates can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=16

More Detailed information on the upgrade steps used in dev can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=17

More detailed information on most common upgrade issue(Error on page when
3rd Party Web Part not installed)
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=18

CalShare Team

> [...]
>>
>> CalShare Team
>>

>>> CalShare Site Collection Administrators,
>>>
>>> This is just a reminder that you have until the morning of December 6th
>>> test the final upgrade steps that need to be performed by you (Site
>>> Collection Administrators) in the upgraded CalShare Dev environment.
>>> This
>>> is also your opportunity to let your site users view what changes will
>>> be
>>> in store for them once the upgrade takes place.
>>>
>>> We would like to thank those site collection administrators that have
>>> already gone through the process and have provided feedback. Currently
>>> 15%
>>> of the site collection administrators have gone through the final
>>> upgrade
>>> steps.
>>>
>>> If anyone has and questions or issues please feel free to send them to

[Micronet] CalShare Upgrade this weekend

calshareservice
CalShare Site Collection Administrators and Users,

This is just a reminder that CalShare will be going down this weekend for
a scheduled upgrade.

Current Schedule
Dec 10th : CalShare production Upgrade begins.  Access to CalShare will be
disabled at 8 PM Dec 11th-12th: CalShare sites will not be accessible
while upgrade work is done.
Dec 13th: Access to CalShare will be enabled again by 7AM.  Site
collection administrators will be able to finalize their portion of the
upgrade at their leisure.

More detailed information on upgrade schedule can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=16

As a reminder all 3rd party webparts will not be installed in the new
CalShare environment.  To help mitigate any issues we highly recommend
that you remove all 3rd Party Web parts from all pages in your site.  The
most common error/issue uncovered during testing as well as instruction on
how to resolve the problem can be found here
https://calshare.berkeley.edu/News/Lists/CalShare%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=18

As we stated in previous emails if you do have any issues post upgrade the
Windows Team will offer consulting assistance in the Production
environment, but the usual Time & Materials recharge rate of $86 may
apply.

CalShare Team