[Micronet] Call for antique computers

Graham Patterson
If anyone has any suitable equipment they would like to donate, Allan would love to hear from you. This equipment goes into non-networked exhibits, and modifying or replacing the housings can be expensive.

Replies to Allan at [hidden email] please.

Graham

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Allan Ayres <[hidden email]>
Date: October 20, 2015 at 3:52:55 PM PDT
To: LOCAL_LHS_STAFF <[hidden email]>
Subject: [lhslocalstaff] Call for antique computers

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has old, unused (but still working) copies of either of the two following types of computers.

I'm sorry if I'm short-circuiting anyone's free-ranging generosity, but we are looking for THESE SPECIFIC FORM FACTORS as they're the ones that will fit into existing exhibit enclosures.  (We have plenty of full-size desktop boxes lying around and other shapes and sizes, but they won't fit where we need them to!)

1.  Small form factor PCs, ideally running Windows XP.  I'm looking for the ones that measure roughly 13"x14"x4"; specific models include Dell Dimension 4600C and Optiplex 745 SFF, as shown here:

2.  CRT iMacs, from original 1997 Bondi up through 2001 Flower Power and Blue Dalmation:

If you do happen to have one under your desk or in your garage, we'd be happy to take it off your hands!  We'll load 'em up with the old exhibit software and get a few more years out of them.

Thanks!
--Allan

Allan Ayres
Exhibit Developer | Museum Technical Lead
Lawrence Hall of Science