[Micronet] Calltime@Micronet this Wednesday, 10:30-noon, Get the answers to all your questions!

Claudia A. WATERS

December Meeting Schedule

December, 2012  CalTime

Wednesday, December 12, 10:30-noon, 150 University Hall (Note: meeting is on the 2nd Wednesday rather than the 4th in November and December)

CalTime @ Micronet
http://micronet.berkeley.edu/node/34

CalTime, a new automated timekeeping system has been introduced to the campus (caltime.berkeley.edu).

To answer your questions about access and user-experience, the CalTime Project Team will be available at the next Micronet meeting, Wednesday, December 12, 2012.

Presenting will be:

Inez Bailey, CalTime Project Team

Yolanda Jaggers - Applicaton Services

Mona Irwin, IST- Application Services

Blaine Isbelle, System and Network Security

Paul Rivers, System and Network Security

JR Schulden, IST- Application Services

We hope that you can join us!

Videos and slides from earlier meetings are at  http://micronet.berkeley.edu/node/33

(Please excuse the static for the first minute or two of the videos as we adjust the sound)

Claudia Waters

Chair of Micronet

--
Claudia Waters
Manager Computing and Statistics

Re: [Micronet] Calltime@Micronet this Wednesday, 10:30-noon, Get the answers to all your questions!

Bruce Satow
Is CalTime accessible by all users now or is it still under testing?

On 12/10/2012 8:27 AM, Claudia A. WATERS wrote:

[...]

  Systems Administrator
  University of California at Berkeley
  Space Sciences Laboratory
  7 Gauss Way
  Berkeley, California 94720-7450

  [hidden email]
  Phone: (510) 643-2348

Re: [Micronet] Calltime@Micronet this Wednesday, 10:30-noon, Get the answers to all your questions!

Rune Stromsness
On 10-Dec-12 15:47, Bruce Satow wrote:
> Is CalTime accessible by all users now or is it still under testing?

My understanding is that exempt employees are moving over in chunks by
department, with different departments on different months.  But that
all non-exempt employees in all departments on campus who haven't moved
yet are moving to CalTime in mid-January as announced at:

http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/strategic-initiatives/caltime/biweekly-pay

When I've asked our HR people for any details (since I train/oversee a
team of students who would be moving to CalTime) they haven't had any
yet.  So I'm hoping that Wednesday's meeting does have answers to how
various things will work.

Rune

> On 12/10/2012 8:27 AM, Claudia A. WATERS wrote:
>>
>> *_December Meeting Schedule_*
>>
>> *December, 2012  CalTime*
>>
>> *Wednesday, December 12, 10:30-noon, 150 University Hall */(Note:
>> meeting is on the 2nd Wednesday rather than the 4^th  in November and
>> December)/**
>>

>> */CalTime @ Micronet
>> /*http://micronet.berkeley.edu/node/34*//*
>>

>> CalTime, a new automated timekeeping system has been introduced to the
>> campus (caltime.berkeley.edu <http://caltime.berkeley.edu/>).
>>
>> To answer your questions about access and user-experience, the CalTime
>> Project Team will be available at the next Micronet meeting,
>> Wednesday, December 12, 2012.
>>

>> Presenting will be:
>>
>> *Inez Bailey, CalTime Project Team*
>>
>> *Yolanda Jaggers - Applicaton Services*
>>
>> *Mona Irwin, IST- Application Services*
>>
>> *Blaine Isbelle, System and Network Security*
>>
>> *Paul Rivers, System and Network Security*
>>
>> *JR Schulden, IST- Application Services*
>>
>> * *
>>
>> * *
>>

>> We hope that you can join us!
>>

>> Videos and slides from earlier meetings are at
>>  http://micronet.berkeley.edu/node/33
>>

>> (Please excuse the static for the first minute or two of the videos as
>> we adjust the sound)
>>

>> Claudia Waters
>>
>> Chair of Micronet
>>

>> --
>> Claudia Waters
>> Manager Computing and Statistics
>> School of Social Welfare
>> University of California
>> (510) 643-6668

> *  Bruce Satow*
>   Systems Administrator
>   University of California at Berkeley
>   Space Sciences Laboratory
>   7 Gauss Way
>   Berkeley, California 94720-7450
>
>   [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>   Phone: (510) 643-2348
>
> /
> Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
>
> /

Re: [Micronet] Calltime@Micronet this Wednesday, 10:30-noon, Get the answers to all your questions!

Nils Ohlson
All,
One thing I've heard about CalTime is that in the process of importing data, a few people's leave accruals have been screwed up (not a criticism of Caltime, things just happen). So it would be a good idea to get everyone to compare pre-Caltime ending leave-balances with Caltime beginning-balances to make sure they're equal, and to get errors corrected asap.

-Nils
Nils Ohlson
Financial Services Analyst
College of Chemistry Business Office