[Micronet] Calpact pilots on-line training through Virtual Instructor.

[Micronet] Calpact pilots on-line training through Virtual Instructor.

Kathleen Valerio

Greetings Friends of Calpact,

While we are remodeling room 28 UHall Learning +Organizational Development (L+OD) is sponsoring a pilot program with Virtual Instructor.

Virtual Instructor has been successfully hosting on-line live workshops to our counterparts at UCSD since 2012. They offer 1 hour workshops in Microsoft and Adobe products in either a PC or Mac format. Classes are laid out in an organized fashion starting at the beginning level e.g. Excel 100 series “Essentials” up through advanced e.g. 800 series “Excel VB Forms”.

Since this is a limited launch (up to 400 classes) we’ve designed the system to allow individuals to sign up for up to 3 classes at a time. We are curious to see which 3 courses you select. Capturing this data will help determine what classes Berkeley may want to offer going forward assuming the pilot is a success. We will also ask participants for your feedback regarding this product in early March. Here’s a Welcome Video if you want to check it out. https://www.virtualinstructor.com/berkeley/videos/about.php (2:30)

Please register at     www.VirtualInstructor.com/berkeley

Enter your name, number, @berkeley.edu address and password to be entered in the database. Click the submit button and check your email for your account verification message. Once verified you’ll be ready to explore and register for workshops.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to interact with GoToMeeting yet, you may want to attend one of the following Intro sessions to familiarize yourself with this delivery method. These sessions won’t count towards your 3 workshops

Tuesday, January 27th from 9:30am to 10:00am
Friday, January 30th from 11:00am to 11:300pm
Wednesday, February 4th from 11:30 am to 12:00pm

Our regular instructor-led Calpact schedule will be posted as soon as plans are finalized.  We anticipate offering classes March through June - locations to be determined.

Please feel free to contact me with questions or concerns.

Yours truly,

Kathleen Valerio, CalPact Coordinator
Learning + Organizational Development

192 University Hall
2199 Addison St.
Berkeley, CA 94720-3540

Ph 510 643-0452
[hidden email]
@KathleenValeri0

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard UC Berkeley * reimagines the world *by challenging convention *to shape the future.