[Micronet] Can't Connect to AirBears2

Noam Manor-2
Good morning, Micronet.

For the past week, I have had problems connecting to AirBears2 on my Windows 7 Dell E7240.

I get the following error:

Inline image 1

I tried to "forget" AirBears2, but that did not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Noam

Noam Manor
Institutional Research Analyst
Office of Planning & Analysis
Office of the Vice Provost, Strategic Academic and Facilities Planning

Re: [Micronet] Can't Connect to AirBears2

Isaac Orr
Since I seem to be answering network related micronet questions this morning :).

1) Open a trouble ticket if you haven't already, it may be that the folks in CSS have an easy answer for this.

iso

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 7:23 AM, Noam Manor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning, Micronet.

For the past week, I have had problems connecting to AirBears2 on my Windows 7 Dell E7240.

I get the following error:

Inline image 1

I tried to "forget" AirBears2, but that did not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Noam

Noam Manor
Institutional Research Analyst
Office of Planning & Analysis
Office of the Vice Provost, Strategic Academic and Facilities Planning

Isaac Simon Orr
Manager, Network Operations and Services
IST Telecommunications, UC Berkeley
P: +1 510 643 9837 C: +1 510 517 9408 E: [hidden email]

Re: [Micronet] Can't Connect to AirBears2

Gary Thomas
Hi Noam,

Did you select Terminate or Connect?  It could be something as simple as your device not having a valid security certificate, either due to expiration or corruption.   Selecting Connect should overwrite it with a new certifiacate and you should be able to progress normally.  This window is typical of one you find when you initially connect or have a certificate issue, so I would not necessarily classify it as an "error" window.

Further, I would agree with Isaac in opening a CSS ticket if you continue to have issues.

Regards,
Gary Thomas

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Isaac Orr <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

P: <a href="tel:%2B1%20510%20643%209837" value="+15106439837" target="_blank">+1 510 643 9837 C: <a href="tel:%2B1%20510%20517%209408" value="+15105179408" target="_blank">+1 510 517 9408 E: [hidden email]

Gary Thomas, CWNA
Wireless Network Engineer
Network Services and Operations
Information Services and Technology
University of California Berkeley
Email: [hidden email]
Voice: 510-643-0370

Gary Thomas
Email: gjthomas@berkeley.edu
Voice: 510-643-0370
Fax: 510-642-5622

Re: [Micronet] Can't Connect to AirBears2

Noam Manor-2
I tried both Connect and Terminate, but that didn't help.

Although I removed the network in the "Manage wireless networks" window, I am not asked to authenticate when I try to connect to AirBears2.

I opened a CSS ticket.

Thanks,
Noam

Noam Manor
Institutional Research Analyst
Office of Planning & Analysis
Office of the Vice Provost, Strategic Academic and Facilities Planning
510-643-8578

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Gary J THOMAS <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Voice: <a href="tel:510-643-0370" value="+15106430370" target="_blank">510-643-0370