[Micronet] Cisco AnyConnect tries to update, but fails?

[Micronet] Cisco AnyConnect tries to update, but fails?

Greg Merritt
We have a user whose Cisco AnyConnect attempts to download and install
an update after he authenticates with his CalNetID.

Things appear to start off well with the message "The installer is
setting up the AnyConnect application" but soon go awry with a "The
installation has failed" message.

Before we get into this too deeply, does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!

Re: [Micronet] Cisco AnyConnect tries to update, but fails?

Karl R. Grose
Hi Greg,

On 06/23/2010 04:41 PM, Greg Merritt wrote:

> We have a user whose Cisco AnyConnect attempts to download and install
> an update after he authenticates with his CalNetID.

I have seen this myself when testing beta releases, but I don't think
I've ever seen it with a final release. It makes some sense once you
realize that the VPN server is designed to deploy new clients in several
ways including via detection and update to a version matching (or
perhaps even newer) than the versions installed in the server's web
interface. My recommendation would be to un-install the existing client
and try again, perhaps with a previous release.

--Karl

=======
> Things appear to start off well with the message "The installer is
> setting up the AnyConnect application" but soon go awry with a "The
> installation has failed" message.
>
> Before we get into this too deeply, does this ring a bell with anyone?

Re: [Micronet] Cisco AnyConnect tries to update, but fails?

Greg Merritt
Thanks for the on- and off-list replies.

Consensus seems to be to uninstall/reinstall, perhaps downgrading to a
slightly older version in the process.

I'll report results.

Thanks!