[Micronet] Connecting Kobo reader to airbears

[Micronet] Connecting Kobo reader to airbears

Marc Buchalter
My Kobo reader won't connect to Airbears. It says connecting and the little icon just spins and spins and after a long time it goes to sleep.  Any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caveat Emptor

Marc Buchalter

Re: [Micronet] Connecting Kobo reader to airbears

Lucy Greco

Are you trying to connect to air bears or air bears2 I think you’re better off connecting to air bears2. I have used a obo a little and from what I can tell it’s just another android device however the launcher is offal but that is just because it does not talk grin Lucy

Lucia Greco

Web Access Analyst

IST-Campus Technology Services

University of California, Berkeley

(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco

http://webaccess.berkeley.edu

Follow me on twitter @accessaces

Re: [Micronet] Connecting Kobo reader to airbears

Jay Bryon
Hi Marc,

You'll need to generate or retrieve your Airbears2 key, and program that into your device so it uses it with the Airbears2 SSID.  (This assumes that your device can do so, I've never seen one).

See:  http://ist.berkeley.edu/airbears/  for the details and links to the KB how-to pages.

-J

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Lucy Greco <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are you trying to connect to air bears or air bears2 I think you’re better off connecting to air bears2. I have used a obo a little and from what I can tell it’s just another android device however the launcher is offal but that is just because it does not talk grin Lucy

Lucia Greco

Web Access Analyst

IST-Campus Technology Services

University of California, Berkeley

(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco

http://webaccess.berkeley.edu

Follow me on twitter @accessaces

My Kobo reader won't connect to Airbears. It says connecting and the little icon just spins and spins and after a long time it goes to sleep.  Any ideas?

Caveat Emptor

Marc Buchalter

Jay Bryon
Senior Network Engineer, U.C. Berkeley/IST/IS/Network Operations and Services
2-5636

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
-Voltaire

[Unless stated explicitly otherwise, all opinions are my own and do not represent official policy of any part of IST, U.C. Berkeley or the U.C. Regents]