[Micronet] Corrupt USB Flashdrive help

ppayne
Micronetters,

We have a user who has lost some important data on a USB Flashdrive.
Does anyone have a recommendation for an outside service that can
recover USB flashdrive data?  Anyone have experience with a software
utility that successfully recovered data from a USB flashdrive?

Thanks,

Paul

--
Paul T. Payne
LCIS Manager

Re: [Micronet] Corrupt USB Flashdrive help

Ian Crew
Hi Paul:

See http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/devices-supported/removable-media/.  It's not going to be cheap, probably.  I think there used to be a UCB discount, but I'm not sure if that's still in effect.

Ian

On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Paul Payne wrote:

> Micronetters,
>
> We have a user who has lost some important data on a USB Flashdrive.
> Does anyone have a recommendation for an outside service that can
> recover USB flashdrive data?  Anyone have experience with a software
> utility that successfully recovered data from a USB flashdrive?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul T. Payne
> LCIS Manager
> Library Computer Infrastructure Services
> UC Berkeley - Library Systems
> 130 Doe Library

Information Services and Technology-Research and Content Technologies
University of California, Berkeley
2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor
http://hub.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Corrupt USB Flashdrive help

ppayne
Ian,

Thanks, we used DriveSavers once for a damaged hard disk drive.
Unfortunately, they were not able to recover the data.  Maybe, we will
have more luck this time.

Paul

--
Paul T. Payne
LCIS Manager
Library Computer Infrastructure Services
UC Berkeley - Library Systems
130 Doe Library

Re: [Micronet] Corrupt USB Flashdrive help

Ryan Lovett
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:59:56AM -0700, Paul Payne wrote:
> Anyone have experience with a software utility that successfully
> recovered data from a USB flashdrive?

I've used TestDisk before with some success.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Ryan

Re: [Micronet] Corrupt USB Flashdrive help

Baril
Here are some links for 3rd programs that have worked for me in the past:

http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue.php
http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-image-rescue-4-software?category=429
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/
http://www.datarecoverysoftware.org/products

Hope this helps,

Roy

On 6/21/2012 1:03 PM, Ryan Lovett wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:59:56AM -0700, Paul Payne wrote:
>> Anyone have experience with a software utility that successfully
>> recovered data from a USB flashdrive?
> I've used TestDisk before with some success.
>
> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
>
> Ryan

Roy A. Baril
Director of Technology