[Micronet] Cross Browser Testing

Tim Heidinger
Can anyone recommend something to automate the rendering of web pages in
different browsers and OSes, to discover potential browser issues.

I did some poking around and found https://browserlab.adobe.com/   and
http://alternativeto.net/desktop/adobe-browserlab/

Any recommendations?
Tim

--
Tim Heidinger<[hidden email]>
University of California, Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] Cross Browser Testing

billallison
I haven't used it extensively, but you might check out http://browsershots.org/

A number of federal agencies are using that site to test their websites

On Aug 17, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Tim Heidinger wrote:

> Can anyone recommend something to automate the rendering of web pages in
> different browsers and OSes, to discover potential browser issues.
>
> I did some poking around and found https://browserlab.adobe.com/   and
> http://alternativeto.net/desktop/adobe-browserlab/
>
> Any recommendations?
> Tim
>

> --
> Tim Heidinger<[hidden email]>
> University of California, Berkeley
> Kuali Student Program Office  Phone: (510) 629-4272

Re: [Micronet] Cross Browser Testing

Greg Merritt
A designer we've worked with has used this service to do visual layout
checks of pages across multiple browsers & platforms:

http://crossbrowsertesting.com/

Hm, looks like they have a "live test" feature as well that lets you
actively click through your site in any of a large number of browser
configurations.

-Greg

On Aug 17, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Tim Heidinger wrote:

> Can anyone recommend something to automate the rendering of web
> pages in
> different browsers and OSes, to discover potential browser issues.
>
> I did some poking around and found https://browserlab.adobe.com/   and
> http://alternativeto.net/desktop/adobe-browserlab/
>
> Any recommendations?
> Tim
>

> --
> Tim Heidinger<[hidden email]>
> University of California, Berkeley
> Kuali Student Program Office  Phone: (510) 629-4272

Re: [Micronet] Cross Browser Testing

I'll second Bill's recommendation of browsershots.org.  Also, http://evolt.org maintains an archive of installers for older browsers, which is great for testing (though it's not automated).

Ian

On Aug 17, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Bill Allison wrote:

> I haven't used it extensively, but you might check out http://browsershots.org/
>
> A number of federal agencies are using that site to test their websites
>

> On Aug 17, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Tim Heidinger wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend something to automate the rendering of web pages in
>> different browsers and OSes, to discover potential browser issues.
>>
>> I did some poking around and found https://browserlab.adobe.com/   and
>> http://alternativeto.net/desktop/adobe-browserlab/
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>> Tim
>>

>> --
>> Tim Heidinger<[hidden email]>
>> University of California, Berkeley
>> Kuali Student Program Office  Phone: (510) 629-4272

Media Vault Program
Information Services and Technology-Data Services
University of California, Berkeley
2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor
http://mvp.berkeley.edu

Outgoing Chair, Chancellor's Staff Advisory Committee
http://csac.chance.berkeley.edu