[Micronet] D-lab, PowerPC G5 Scavenger Hunt

[Micronet] D-lab, PowerPC G5 Scavenger Hunt

DAKOTA DEAN ROSE
Hi all,

I am a Utech staff member for the D-lab in 356 Barrows Hall. I assist their I.T. services and manage their audio/video department. We are looking to experiment with variations of Linux to extend the life of the old Powerpc architecture. We are currently scouting to see if anyone on campus has any old powerpc G5 desktops laying around that would be suitable for the project. We will trying Ubuntu Mate, PowerpcMint, and Fedora for starters. Thank you for your consideration.

Cheers!

Dakota Rose
Utech I.T. services
D-lab, University of California, Berkeley
350 Barrows Hall Berkeley, Ca 94720