[Micronet] DNS hosting for non berkeley domains

[Micronet] DNS hosting for non berkeley domains

Vivian Sophia
Hi everyone,

Do you have a recommendation for a registrar and DNS hosting provider for a non-berkeley.edu domain?

One of the units that I support wants to build a Pantheon web site for a cross-University coalition. They will be using a .org domain. I know there are a lot of registrars out there, I'm wondering if anybody has great experience with one in particular.
--
Vivian Sophia
Letters and Science service desk manager

Re: [Micronet] DNS hosting for non berkeley domains

jon kuroda-2
I use an OpenSRS reseller run by a colleague of mine at another institution.

OpenSRS resellers are many and varied, but the core services are reliable and not shady/scammy like some other low cost fly by night domain registrars.

For DNS, I run my own but perhaps Campus DNS could support this.

I've often felt that while not quite as heavily used as SSL/TLS certs, it would be awesome if we had access to Domain Registrar services from something like InCommon which already provides us all-we-eat SSL/TLS certificate provisioning via campus.

Just some random thoughts while at SFO dealing with cancelled flights to Boston this lovely morning.

--Jon

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014, Vivian Sophia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Do you have a recommendation for a registrar and DNS hosting provider for a non-berkeley.edu domain?

One of the units that I support wants to build a Pantheon web site for a cross-University coalition. They will be using a .org domain. I know there are a lot of registrars out there, I'm wondering if anybody has great experience with one in particular.
--
Vivian Sophia
Letters and Science service desk manager

--
Sent from an inconvenient device

Re: [Micronet] DNS hosting for non berkeley domains

Jay Bryon
Just my personal experience, but dreamhost isn't bad.  They've been kind to nonprofits etc.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Jon Kuroda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Senior Network Engineer, U.C. Berkeley/IST/IS/Network Operations and Services
2-5636

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
-Voltaire

[Unless stated explicitly otherwise, all opinions are my own and do not represent official policy of any part of IST, U.C. Berkeley or the U.C. Regents]