[Micronet] Do we have something like Prey Project for campus?

[Micronet] Do we have something like Prey Project for campus?

Jack Burris
Prey Project is a SAAS (software as a service) that can be helpful tracking-down lost/stolen smart phones, tablets, and laptops (and probably desktops as well).  Right now, you can sign up and install this on up to three devices.  However, as someone who manages/is-responsible-for many more machines, I wonder if we don't already have something like this for campus?

The perennial loss of equipment presents no small amount of drag on the campus community.  I'm hoping we can set ourselves up for success where it concerns recovery (and potentially prevention) from loss and theft.

Thanks,
Jack Burris
D-Lab