[Micronet] Email, Squirrel, Sort columns

[Micronet] Email, Squirrel, Sort columns

Richard DeShong-2
I have a user that is using the SquirrelMail web client.  He does not have
the sort column buttons to the right of the column headers.  Wondering if
anyone knows a setting for turning this feature on/off, or why he might
not have them.

Firefox 8.x

2nd note:  In the RoundCube client, I couldn't see how to select several
emails and then delete them, without viewing them.  Anyone know?

--
Richard DeShong
Information Systems Analyst

Re: [Micronet] Email, RoundCube, delete multiple

Richard DeShong-2
I received a couple of replies to the RoundCube query from Leon and
Graham.

I see how to select multiple, but the "move to..." option is only
available when I'm viewing an email.  On the list view, I do not have the
"move to ..." option.

Leon Wong:
Not sure about the SquirrelMail issue, but for RoundCube, if you are using
a PC and FireFox, you can use shift+mouse click and cltr+mouse click to
select multiple emails.  I would imagine Mac browsers have similar
functionality.  Hope that helps.

Graham Patterson:
Multiple select (Ctrl-click) on the folder list and Move to Trash (no
entry sign) doesn't work?

Original Query:
2nd note:  In the RoundCube client, I couldn't see how to select several
emails and then delete them, without viewing them.  Anyone know?

Re: [Micronet] Email, Squirrel, Sort columns

Richard DeShong-2
OK, thanks to all, I get how to select multiple emails.  But the
red-slash-circle icon that means "move to trash" is greyed out.  The
[delete] key or the icon, when pushed, does nothing.  Again, I don't have a
"move to ..." option either.

The delete and move-to options work once I click on the email to view it.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:53:22 -0800, Scot Hacker <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Richard DeShong <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> 2nd note:  In the RoundCube client, I couldn't see how to select
several
>> emails and then delete them, without viewing them.  Anyone know?
>
> Cmd/Ctrl-select or Shift-select, then use Delete key on keyboard or
delete
> icon.
>
> ./s

Re: [Micronet] Email, RoundCube, delete multiple

Burke Bundy-2
The only way I can see to move multiple messages via RC is to use the mouse to drag and drop messages to the desired folder.  I too only see the "Move to" button when a message is open.

Hope this helps,
Burke

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Burke Bundy
Systems Administrator
Biostatistics
University of California, Berkeley
114 Haviland Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-7360
Phone: (510) 642-5755
Fax:  (510) 643-5163

Re: [Micronet] Email, RoundCube, delete multiple

Michelle Ziegmann
Not sure if everyone saw this setting - took me a while to find it. Under
Settings > Server Settings there is an option "Do not show deleted
messages". Check that to remove the deleted messages from your Inbox view.

Michelle

--
Michelle Ziegmann
University of California Berkeley

[Micronet] Email, RoundCube, tips -printing, attaching, composing

Kathleen Valerio
Hi All,

I figured out how to print the message in RoundCube -instead of the
webpage.
I complied a brief how to with screen shoots  hopefully it will help a few
of us out there
chere's - Kv

How to print an email message in Roundcube.
Click on the drop down that looks like a wheel. Select print message.

How to attach documents in RoundCube
Click on the attachment icon and a dialogue box appears.

Navigate to the document you need to attach and click upload.

Add more attachments or delete if needed.

Sadly there’s no where to save a draft of a message.
So I recommend composing in Word or something and then cut and past when
you’re ready to go.

-Kathleen Valerio
Calpact Coordinator
643-0452

How to print an email message in round cube.docx (74K) Download Attachment

Re: [Micronet] Email, RoundCube, tips -printing, attaching, composing

Ian Crew
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 17:30:06 -0800, "Kathleen VALERIO, BA"
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sadly there’s no where to save a draft of a message.
> So I recommend composing in Word or something and then cut and past when
> you’re ready to go.

I discovered that, in the settings in RoundCube, you can set it to save a
copy of the draft every X minutes to the "Drafts" mailbox...

Information Services and Technology-Research and Content Technologies
University of California, Berkeley
2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor
http://hub.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Email, RoundCube, delete multiple

Richard DeShong-2

Thanks Burke,

I can drag-n-drop a single rcd, but can't drag-n-drop multiple.  For now, I'm going to use The Squirrel.

[...]

Thanks Graham.  I'm using the Squirrel client, as it seems to fit my style
better.  The RoundCube client seems to be designed around the idea that
you want to read all of your email.

I receive a bunch of status emails, and I mostly just need to see that I
get them - I don't usually need to open them.  And, of course, the random
spam msg that isn't caught.

Thanks all.
--
Richard

On Fri, December 2, 2011 8:35 pm, Graham Patterson wrote:
As long as you have one message selected so it shows in the preview pane,
yu can tag other messages and the Move to Trash icon is operative.

Graham

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 16:50:41 -0800, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I received a couple of replies to the RoundCube query from Leon and
> Graham.
>
> I see how to select multiple, but the "move to..." option is only
> available when I'm viewing an email.  On the list view, I do not have
the
> "move to ..." option.
>

> Leon Wong:
> Not sure about the SquirrelMail issue, but for RoundCube, if you are
using

> a PC and FireFox, you can use shift+mouse click and cltr+mouse click to
> select multiple emails.  I would imagine Mac browsers have similar
> functionality.  Hope that helps.
>
> Graham Patterson:
> Multiple select (Ctrl-click) on the folder list and Move to Trash (no
> entry sign) doesn't work?
>
> Original Query:
> 2nd note:  In the RoundCube client, I couldn't see how to select several
> emails and then delete them, without viewing them.  Anyone know?

please
> visit the Micronet Web site:
>
> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable,
and
> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This
> means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses,

Richard DeShong
Information Systems Analyst
Athletic Study Center

Re: [Micronet] Email, RoundCube, delete multiple

Graham Patterson

I filter most of my service traffic at the CalMail level into folders. I
also have the Inboxes of some service accounts shared so I can read them
from my personal account. Some things like OSSEC are too chatty to have
coming to my Inbox. When Thunderbird is running I have filters on that to
do moves to local storage or delete after X days tasks. All this web mail
_almost_ makes me yearn for procmail...

Graham

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 20:05:29 -0800, "Richard DeShong"
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Graham.  I'm using the Squirrel client, as it seems to fit my
style
> better.  The RoundCube client seems to be designed around the idea that
> you want to read all of your email.
>
> I receive a bunch of status emails, and I mostly just need to see that I
> get them - I don't usually need to open them.  And, of course, the
random
> spam msg that isn't caught.
>
> Thanks all.
> --
> Richard
>

> On Fri, December 2, 2011 8:35 pm, Graham Patterson wrote:
> As long as you have one message selected so it shows in the preview
pane,

> yu can tag other messages and the Move to Trash icon is operative.
>
> Graham
>
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 16:50:41 -0800, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I received a couple of replies to the RoundCube query from Leon and
>> Graham.
>>
>> I see how to select multiple, but the "move to..." option is only
>> available when I'm viewing an email.  On the list view, I do not have
> the
>> "move to ..." option.
>>

>> Leon Wong:
>> Not sure about the SquirrelMail issue, but for RoundCube, if you are
> using
>> a PC and FireFox, you can use shift+mouse click and cltr+mouse click to
>> select multiple emails.  I would imagine Mac browsers have similar
>> functionality.  Hope that helps.
>>
>> Graham Patterson:
>> Multiple select (Ctrl-click) on the folder list and Move to Trash (no
>> entry sign) doesn't work?
>>
>> Original Query:
>> 2nd note:  In the RoundCube client, I couldn't see how to select
several
>> emails and then delete them, without viewing them.  Anyone know?

> please
>> visit the Micronet Web site:
>>
>> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>>
>> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable,
> and
>> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This
>> means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses,
>> prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.
>
> --
> Graham Patterson, Systems Administrator
> Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222
> "...past the iguana, the tyrannosaurus, the mastodon, the mathematical
> puzzles, and the meteorite..." - directions to my office.

Re: [Micronet] Email, Squirrel, Sort columns

Lucy Greco-2
Hello:
 I have been reading all the traffic about this this morning and just wanted to point out that every one of the problems people are bringing up have to do with accessibility. If the interfaces were more accessible  I am positive that this discussion would not happen smile

Lucy Greco
Assistive Technology Specialist
Disabled Student's Program UC Berkeley
(510) 643-7591