[Micronet] HP hardware proposal

Petersen, Joanne

Hello everyone,

UC has HP servers and storage units in use in various departments but we don’t have a comprehensive list of the equipment, their support status/levels and renewals.  There may be cost savings in coterminous renewals of HP equipment leases and maintenance, if we can identify the eligible hardware.  Pricing may improve if we can demonstrate the required quantities for discounts.  I’m reaching out to the broadest IT management distribution to determine if there’s an audience for this proposal.

In order to determine what HP hardware we are using, HP has a tool that will run an audit of our hardware and come up with a master list of equipment in use, support levels, and associated contract information so they can propose the best strategy for HP to provide support (and equipment) at the best prices.

Attached is some information from HP on this CAP audit tool for your review; we would like to know which groups would be interested in participating in such an audit (and price savings).  We plan to limit the audit strictly to HP servers and storage devices; if you want to expand this scope, please let me know what you would like included for your department.

Once I know which groups would like to participate, I will set up demos of the CAP audit tool for those groups, so additional questions and concerns may be addressed prior to actually running an audit.

I am open to any questions regarding the proposed hardware review.  Please let me know if you’re interested in this proposal and would like to participate, and who should be your contact person for the demo.

Best regards,

Joanne Hiratsuka Petersen

IT Hardware Commodity Manager, Campus Procurement & Contracts

University of California, San Francisco |1855 Folsom #304 | San Francisco, CA 94143-0910

( 415-514-2872 | * [hidden email]

2011_CAP Demo Presentationvj2'1.pptx Download Attachment
Asset4.9Discovery.pdf (7M) Download Attachment

Re: [Micronet] HP hardware proposal

Petersen, Joanne

Hello all,

My original email (below) did not have good attachments.  I’ve re-attached the slides file, and here is a link to the other attachment (HP Discovery white paper) which was too large for the email:  http://tinyurl.com/8h6onbc (thanks to Patrick Phelan for putting that document on a website for download).

There was a suggestion to include HP printers in this equipment audit.  I will add that to the list, so now we’ll look into HP printers, servers, and storage devices.  If the HP printers are on a support plan, we will look into co-terming it with the other equipment.

Please let me know if your group would like to participate.  I plan to set up the CAP Audit demo early in October.

[...]

HP 2011_CAP Demo Presentationvj2'1.pptx (3M) Download Attachment