[Micronet] Hello and whither Micronet; meeting this week

[Micronet] Hello and whither Micronet; meeting this week

Vivian Sophia
Hi Micronet,

I'm excited for the opportunity to serve as your new Micronet co-ordinator. I have some ideas a about things I'd like to try, and it will be fun to see if I can succeed with any of them. (It will be interesting to try things that end up not working, too.) To start with, I'd like to ask you all to talk about where Micronet should be going from here. Some questions I'd like your input on are

--What do you think about making Micronet into a official community of practice?
--Do you have ideas for presentations we should have at Micronet meetings?
--Would you like to help with revamping the Micronet web site?
--Would you be interested in Micronet-sponsored activities other than presentations? For example, a social gathering or a round-table discussion about a technical topic.
--Do you have any other ideas about how Micronet could be more useful, more fun or more engaging?
--What do you think about having two Micronet-related lists, one for announcements, one for discussions, making it easy for folks who subscribe only for the announcements?
--Would you like to have a bCal item sent for Micronet meetings? I'm thinking it would be sent to only folks who opt in, not the entire 800+ list.

At the next Micronet meeting, I invite you to sit down at the table with me and share your ideas about these questions and any others you think might be worth discussing.  The meeting is this Thursday, January 29 in U Hall 150.

Of course, you can also respond to the list without coming to the meeting :) But as you might expect, the folks who are the most involved are probably the most likely to have their ideas implemented --

Vivian Sophia
Berkeley IT (CSS)
Business/Tech Support Analyst
University of California, Berkeley