[Micronet] Help Wanted: New Micronet Chair

[Micronet] Help Wanted: New Micronet Chair

Claudia A. WATERS
Hello all,
I will be stepping down as chair of Micronet at the end of June.   It was a wonderful opportunity for me as I got to meet so many campus IT staff over the last several years.  Please let me know if you are interested in becoming the next Chair.  I have reserved 150 University Hall for meetings, August through January as that is the most difficult part of the job.  I would be happy to help set up the first meeting for the fall semester as well.

I am retiring from my IT position at the end of June, but will continue to teach statistics in the School of Social Welfare in the fall.

Thanks for all your support at the Micronet meetings.  It was a pleasure to get to know so many of you.

Best regards,
Claudia

--
Claudia Waters
Manager Computing and Statistics and Lecturer

Re: [Micronet] Help Wanted: New Micronet Chair

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

I just want to say thanks Claudia for everything you've done for us,
here in the Graduate Division, through your work on  Micronet.

It goes without saying that the  Micronet listserv is indispensable for
us.  It  has helped us  find everything from a spare projector to help
in learning new programming languages.  It keeps us up-to-date on a huge
variety of campus technical topics. And, most importantly, it has
allowed us  to hear a full range of voices on every important campus IT
issue.

As for the meetings.  More than anything else they have allowed us to
hear from people who are making important IT policy decisions on campus
and who are building the systems we all need to use. Without Micronet
meetings we simply would not hear from many of these people and we would
be the poorer for it.

Running an organization like Micronet is a huge amount of work
especially on top of your already demanding job.  Everyone on campus who
benefits from IT -- in other words all Berkeley staff, students and
faculty -- are in your debt.

All the best in your (semi)retirement.

Judy

Judy Dobry