[Micronet] Help with Mac keyboard key?

Quinn Dombrowski
Hi Micronet,

Is there anyone with experience dissecting Mac laptop keyboards? I've got a c. 2010 MacBook pro laptop where the "e" key stopped working consistently, and so I tried to pop it off to clean it. In the process, I broke part of the plastic mechanism under the key cap, so it won't fit back in. A repair shop gave me the unofficial advice of switching the plastic mechanism for "e" with one I use less often. Given how clumsy I've been with this so far, I'd rather have someone who has more skill with delicate, fiddly plastic bits do it. If there's someone willing to give it a try, please drop me a note. I'd be immensely grateful and happy to provide a small token of appreciation.

Thanks,
Quinn

Re: [Micronet] Help with Mac keyboard key?

Jon Hays
Hi Quinn,

replacement keys for Mac laptops are pretty easy to order online and they come with all of the necessary pieces.  They typically run around $5/key.

a google search should turn up several options.

Best,

Jon

University of California, BerkeleyJon Hays
Service Manager, bConnected Collaboration Services
IST-Architecture, Platforms & Integration (API)
[hidden email] <a href="tel:510-672-5493" style="color:rgb(0,50,98);text-decoration:none" target="_blank">510-672-5493