[Micronet] How to import second Eudora to thunderbird

[Micronet] How to import second Eudora to thunderbird

Benjamin Darmoni
Dear Micronet users,

Background: With Eudora program installed on one computer  we ware able to setup few Eudora accounts and point the shortcut to each one of them.
For example:
  •   c:\program files\eudora\Eudora.exe
  •   c:\program files\eudora\Eudora.exe  d:\eudora2
  •   c:\program files\eudora\Eudora.exe n:\student_email\student1
In some cases we have a second personality setup in Eudora

You got the idea....

We are having problems importing the email (folders and mailboxes) from second account in Eudora (when we have few Eudora accounts on the machine or second personality) to Thunderbird.

In all the research I did I could not find a solution for this issue.

Your help will be appreciated.

Feel free to call me if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Benjamin.

Benjamin Darmoni. Phone (510) 643-3106
Graduate Division
421 Sproul Hall
UCB, Berkeley, CA 94720

Re: [Micronet] How to import second Eudora to thunderbird

Greg Merritt

Have you tried Tools -> Import?

-Greg

On Oct 5, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Benjamin Darmoni wrote:

> We are having problems importing the email (folders and mailboxes)
> from second account in Eudora (when we have few Eudora accounts on
> the machine or second personality) to Thunderbird.

Re: [Micronet] How to import second Eudora to thunderbird

Lars Rohrbach
It's not as obvious with recent versions of Thunderbird, but you can
still force the use of the Profile Manager by running it with the
-ProfileManager option:

http://www.helpdesk.ilstu.edu/kb/index.phtml?kbid=1235

Lars

On 10/5/2010 10:34 AM, Greg Merritt wrote:

> Have you tried Tools -> Import?
>
> -Greg
>

> On Oct 5, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Benjamin Darmoni wrote:
>
>> We are having problems importing the email (folders and mailboxes)
>> from second account in Eudora (when we have few Eudora accounts on
>> the machine or second personality) to Thunderbird.

Lars Rohrbach
Computer User Support Group
EECS, UC Berkeley
http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~larsrohr

Re: [Micronet] How to import second Eudora to thunderbird

Gary Lum
or if you want to have thunderbird shortcuts start up with different profiles, use the following in the shortcut target

c:\program files\thunderbird\thunderbird.exe -profile "c:\thunderbird2\"

c:\program files\thunderbird\thunderbird.exe -profile "h:\student_email\"

------------------------------------------------------------------------- The following was automatically added to this message by the list server: To learn more about Micronet, including how to subscribe to or unsubscribe from its mailing list and how to find out about upcoming meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.