[Micronet] I must be doing something wrong: Now Available: 2014/15 Campus Security Report

[Micronet] I must be doing something wrong: Now Available: 2014/15 Campus Security Report

jon kuroda-2
I must be doing something wrong with my browser.

I get this error message when I try to go to this site:

"This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to annualsecurityreport.berkeley.edu, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue."

Technical Details

annualsecurityreport.berkeley.edu uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: pantheon.berkeley.edu, *.pantheon.berkeley.edu, bcgc.berkeley.edu, bwd601.berkeley.edu, bwd701.berkeley.edu, content.berkeley.edu, cross-currents.berkeley.edu, desktop.berkeley.edu, econ.berkeley.edu, funginstitute.berkeley.edu, ga.berkeley.edu, jacs.berkeley.edu, pines.berkeley.edu, pineslab.berkeley.edu, safetrec.berkeley.edu, sage-bcgc.berkeley.edu, software-central.berkeley.edu, software.berkeley.edu, uccsc-dev.berkeley.edu, uccsc-test.berkeley.edu, uccsc.berkeley.edu, www.econ.berkeley.edu, www.funginstitute.berkeley.edu, www.ga.berkeley.edu (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)"

--Jon

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 09:08:42AM -0700, Office of the Vice Chancellor Administration & Finance wrote:

> Dear Campus Community,
>
> The University of California Police Department, Berkeley announces that the 2014 Annual Security report of crime statistics and security policies, required by law to be published by October 1, is now available at https://annualsecurityreport.berkeley.edu ( https://annualsecurityreport.berkeley.edu/ )
>
> We hope that you will take a moment to become familiar with this information and utilize it to make informed decisions to help ensure your personal safety.
>
> In keeping with the mandates of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the university’s annual report contains statistical compilations of reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the university, and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus for the three most recent calendar years.
>
> Also included are campus security policies, including those related to missing student notifications, alcohol and drug use, sexual assault, crime prevention, and the reporting of crimes.
>
> The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at: http://ehs.berkeley.edu/fire-prevention/annual-campus-fire-report ( http://ehs.berkeley.edu/fire-prevention/annual-campus-fire-report )
>
> For more information on the Clery Act, visit http://clerycenter.org/ ( http://clerycenter.org/ )
>
> A printed copy of the Annual Security Report can be obtained at the UCPD, 1 Sproul Hall.
>
> If you have any questions, contact Lt. Ava Snyder at (510) 642-3679 or via email, [hidden email] ( mailto:[hidden email] ).
>
> Margo Bennett
> Chief of Police
> University of California Police Department, Berkeley
>
> If you are a manager who supervises Cal employees without email access, please circulate this information to all.
>
> Please do not reply to this message

Re: [Micronet] I must be doing something wrong: Now Available: 2014/15 Campus Security Report

Graham Patterson

It's a typo in the link, I think. Plain old HTTP works fine.

Graham

On 10/1/14 2:42 PM, jon kuroda wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at: http://ehs.berkeley.edu/fire-prevention/annual-campus-fire-report ( http://ehs.berkeley.edu/fire-prevention/annual-campus-fire-report )
>>
>> For more information on the Clery Act, visit http://clerycenter.org/ ( http://clerycenter.org/ )
>>
>> A printed copy of the Annual Security Report can be obtained at the UCPD, 1 Sproul Hall.
>>
>> If you have any questions, contact Lt. Ava Snyder at (510) 642-3679 or via email, [hidden email] ( mailto:[hidden email] ).
>>
>> Margo Bennett
>> Chief of Police
>> University of California Police Department, Berkeley
>>
>> If you are a manager who supervises Cal employees without email access, please circulate this information to all.
>>
>> Please do not reply to this message

Re: [Micronet] I must be doing something wrong: Now Available: 2014/15 Campus Security Report

Richard DeShong-2
Hi Jon,
Use the non-https version of the link:

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM, jon kuroda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at: http://ehs.berkeley.edu/fire-prevention/annual-campus-fire-report ( http://ehs.berkeley.edu/fire-prevention/annual-campus-fire-report )
>
> For more information on the Clery Act, visit http://clerycenter.org/ ( http://clerycenter.org/ )
>
> A printed copy of the Annual Security Report can be obtained at the UCPD, 1 Sproul Hall.
>
> If you have any questions, contact Lt. Ava Snyder at (510) 642-3679 or via email, [hidden email] ( mailto:[hidden email] ).
>
> Margo Bennett
> Chief of Police
> University of California Police Department, Berkeley
>
> If you are a manager who supervises Cal employees without email access, please circulate this information to all.

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu