[Micronet] IE9 printing problems with Gmail

[Micronet] IE9 printing problems with Gmail

Bruce Satow
Has anyone experienced any issues printing their Gmail using IE9?

There isn't a problem printing Gmail using IE8, or from any version of Firefox, or Chrome.

This is the first time I ran into this problem and was surfing the web for a solution, but did not find one that worked.

Thinking it maybe printer related I even flashed the firmware on the printer to the latest version to see if that helped and it did not.

--
  Bruce Satow
  Systems Administrator

  Phone: (510) 643-2348
      Cell: (510) 847-1914

Re: [Micronet] IE9 printing problems with Gmail

Neil Turner
Guess here, but if your bmail is over ssl, then this could be it:

Go to tools / Internet Options / Advanced  then under the security section look for check box that says the following:

  Do not save files do disk from encrypted sites. (or something like this)

If you can uncheck it, do it and try again.  If it is grayed out (i.e. uncheckable) then you will have to edit something in the registry.  My boss put together a small file that will do this automatically, but this is the first time I am posting to this email list so I'm not sure what etiquette is for attaching files.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Bruce Satow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone experienced any issues printing their Gmail using IE9?

There isn't a problem printing Gmail using IE8, or from any version of Firefox, or Chrome.

This is the first time I ran into this problem and was surfing the web for a solution, but did not find one that worked.

Thinking it maybe printer related I even flashed the firmware on the printer to the latest version to see if that helped and it did not.

--
  Bruce Satow
  Systems Administrator
  University of California at Berkeley