[Micronet] IPP printing to Windows server from OS X 10.6

[Micronet] IPP printing to Windows server from OS X 10.6

William Doyle
Good Day,

I've got a windows print server configured with IIP allowing anonymous connections. No problems adding a printer in XP or OS X 10.5 on the same subnet, but I'm striking out with OS X 10.6.

Adding the printer through system preferences seems straightforward:

Add printer
Select IIP
Enter name of print server
Enter name of print queue/shared printer
Designate driver (HP Laserjet 4350)
Finish

The printer appears but when I attempt to send a print job to it, I get a message saying the client is connecting but the printer is busy and it goes on to retry, but fails.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Doyle
International House