[Micronet] Informal Meeting 2-4 on Thursday

[Micronet] Informal Meeting 2-4 on Thursday

Devin Jones
Software developers,

Short notice, but let's meet up and talk about software-development
topics raised at UCCSC.

Where/when:
212 Cory from 2-4 on Thursday.

All are welcome, feel free to RSVP to me if you'd like to be on the
official CalAgenda meeting.

Getting there:
>From the corner of Hearst & LeRoy (shuttle stop), you enter Cory on the
2nd floor.  Room 212 is straight ahead on your right.

See you there!

Devin

PS: Note - I'm cross-posting this to Micronet.  If there are there there
 follow-up messages on sensitive topics, please follow up only to
webapps, removing micronet which is publicly archived.

PPS: The webapps mailing list supports our ad-hoc community of practice
for web-application software developers.  Initiated at a Micronet
meeting last November, we meet every few weeks to chat about issues
facing webapp developers across campus.  Even if you can't make this
last minute meeting, feel free to send me a note, or use the standard
mailing list commands to subscribe to our mailing list.

--

Devin Jones
Manager of Software Development

Re: [Micronet] Informal Meeting 2-4 on Thursday

Jon Forrest
On 7/21/2010 2:55 PM, Devin Jones wrote:
> Software developers,
>
> Short notice, but let's meet up and talk about software-development
> topics raised at UCCSC.

For those of us who weren't at UCCSC can you say
what those topics were? This will help us decide
whether we should attend your meeting.

--
Jon Forrest
Research Computing Support

Re: [Micronet] Informal Meeting 2-4 on Thursday

Carol Gray
Hello Jon,
There is a detailed schedule with all the sessions on the
UCCSC 2010 web site:
http://uccsc.ucla.edu/detailed-schedule

I believe many of the sessions may be archived for viewing later.

Carol

On 7/21/2010 2:55 PM, Devin Jones wrote:
> Software developers,
>
> Short notice, but let's meet up and talk about software-development
> topics raised at UCCSC.

For those of us who weren't at UCCSC can you say
what those topics were? This will help us decide
whether we should attend your meeting.

--
Jon Forrest
Research Computing Support
College of Chemistry
173 Tan Hall
University of California Berkeley
Berkeley, CA
94720-1460

visit the Micronet Web site:

the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Informal Meeting 2-4 on Thursday

Greg Merritt
> There is a detailed schedule with all the sessions on the
> UCCSC 2010 web site:
> http://uccsc.ucla.edu/detailed-schedule

I *might* go to a two-hour meeting that focused on one or several of
those topics.

I would *not* go to a two-hour meeting that intended to touch on *all*
of those topics. ;)

Devin, what is your agenda for the meeting?

Re: [Micronet] Informal Meeting 2-4 on Thursday

Devin Jones
Hi Greg,

The value in this meeting will come from having a conversation about the
different topics various people found valuable, so I don't want to set a
specific topic agenda, at least not beyond "topics relevant to software
development raised at 2010 UCCSC Presentations."

If you have specific topics that grabbed your attention, please do come
and join the conversation!

Cheers,
Devin