[Micronet] IntraLab order tracking system suggestions?

[Micronet] IntraLab order tracking system suggestions?

Andrew Ring
Hello All,

I am looking for suggests for an internal order submission and tracking
systems for one of my labs.  This is complicated as the individual
placing the orders is not the one that receives the orders.

Bonus points if the tool includes budget tracking features.

NOTE: This is not for between the lab and Purchasing.  It is for
submitting and tracking orders within the lab.

Thank you,
Andrew
--
===================================
Andrew Ring
System Administrator
Kuriyan Laboratory
http://jkweb.qb3.berkeley.edu/
Doudna Laboratory
http://rna.berkeley.edu/
University of California, Berkeley
Office:
542 Stanley Hall
Shipping:
176 Stanley Hall, QB3
Berkeley, CA 94720-3220
tel: (510) 643 0166
fax: (510) 643 2352

Re: [Micronet] IntraLab order tracking system suggestions?

Erik Klavon
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:30:40AM -0700, Andrew Ring wrote:
> I am looking for suggests for an internal order submission and tracking
> systems for one of my labs.  This is complicated as the individual
> placing the orders is not the one that receives the orders.
>
> Bonus points if the tool includes budget tracking features.
>
> NOTE: This is not for between the lab and Purchasing.  It is for
> submitting and tracking orders within the lab.

I have some friends who work (or have worked) for this company. From
what they've told me, coupa do just about everything one can think of
related to procurement.

http://www.coupa.com/

"Coupa Cloud Spend Management" - now that's fully IT trend compliant!

Erik

Re: [Micronet] IntraLab order tracking system suggestions?

Michael Sinatra
On 08/22/11 11:53, Erik Klavon wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:30:40AM -0700, Andrew Ring wrote:
>> I am looking for suggests for an internal order submission and tracking
>> systems for one of my labs.  This is complicated as the individual
>> placing the orders is not the one that receives the orders.
>>
>> Bonus points if the tool includes budget tracking features.
>>
>> NOTE: This is not for between the lab and Purchasing.  It is for
>> submitting and tracking orders within the lab.
>
> I have some friends who work (or have worked) for this company. From
> what they've told me, coupa do just about everything one can think of
> related to procurement.
>
> http://www.coupa.com/
>
> "Coupa Cloud Spend Management" - now that's fully IT trend compliant!

For some definition of "trend," where "trend" == "annoying IT architect
jargon."  Of course, I assume your friends work in the engineering, not
marketing department. :)

michael