[Micronet] Is Campus moving to Office 2013 or sticking with 2010 for now?

[Micronet] Is Campus moving to Office 2013 or sticking with 2010 for now?

Kathleen Valerio
Hi all,

I'm working on the Calpact schedule for the next several months and I'm wondering if the campus is generally moving to Office 2013 or sticking with 2010 for the time being?
Do I need to update the build in the training labs for the summer or shall I wait till winter?

Yours truly,

Kathleen Valerio, CalPact Coordinator

Learning + Organizational Development
192 University Hall
2199 Addison St.
Berkeley, CA 94720-3548

Ph 510 643-0452
[hidden email]

UC Berkeley * reimagines the world *by challenging convention *to shape the future.

Re: [Micronet] Is Campus moving to Office 2013 or sticking with 2010 for now?

Vivian Sophia
The Windows image that Campus Shared Services uses does not yet have Office 2013 on it. Since close to three-quarters of the campus is covered by CSS now, and almost all will eventually be, that's what's going on at campus level. EEI is also working on a Windows 8 image, I expect that one will have 2013 on it.

Ben Gross can tell you more about campus plans for rolling out 2013.

The image that College of Letters and Science used before it was covered by CSS had 2013 on it, so there are a fair number of 2013 installations out there.

Vivian Sophia
Berkeley IT
Business/Tech Support Analyst
University of California, Berkeley
310J Durant Hall
(510) 541-6120

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Kathleen VALERIO <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on the Calpact schedule for the next several months and I'm wondering if the campus is generally moving to Office 2013 or sticking with 2010 for the time being?
Do I need to update the build in the training labs for the summer or shall I wait till winter?

Yours truly,

Kathleen Valerio, CalPact Coordinator

Learning + Organizational Development
192 University Hall
2199 Addison St.
Berkeley, CA 94720-3548

Ph 510 643-0452
[hidden email]

UC Berkeley * reimagines the world *by challenging convention *to shape the future.

Re: [Micronet] Is Campus moving to Office 2013 or sticking with 2010 for now?

Ben Gross
Hi Vivian, Kathleen, and Micronet,

I wanted to follow up on Vivian's comments. The current Berkeley Desktop image (EEI image) is a Windows 7 64-bit-based image that includes Office 2010. Later this summer we will provide a self-self service BigFix/TEM offer to allow you to upgrade from Office 2010 to Office 2013 for managed machines. We recently began work on developing our Windows 8.1 image that includes Office 2013. We will release the Windows 8.1 image later this year.

Thank you,
Ben