[Micronet] Japanese Language Input Problem Under Mac OS 10.7.5?

[Micronet] Japanese Language Input Problem Under Mac OS 10.7.5?

John McChesney-Young
Dear Micronetters,

One of our professors just wrote to say:

I've just discovered that Japanese language input in Mac Word 2011,
OSX 10.7.5 is not working.
I've checked, as far as I can tell, all of the appropriate
Preferences, I've tried to find relevant discussion
on online forums, but can't resolve.

I've also found input problems in Firefox, so I sense that the issue
is not application limited.

***

I found this, related to Japanese input in iTerm2:

https://code.google.com/p/iterm2/issues/detail?id=2240

but I don't *think* this is relevant outside of a CLI - or is it?

I have no experience with input of CJK or other Asian languages, but
I'm hoping there may be a Japanese-using OS X user out there who can
offer advice.

Thanks!

John

--
John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020

Re: [Micronet] Japanese Language Input Problem Under Mac OS 10.7.5?

John McChesney-Young
Thank you very much to Vivian Sophia and Aron Roberts for your
comments and advice. The professor and someone from LSCR huddled over
the computer and for no clearly defined reason it began behaving
properly. The problematic file actually locked up his computer when
they tried editing it and they restarted the machine and opened a new
document and that worked fine, so at least for the time being at least
it's functioning as expected.

Thanks again!

John