[Micronet] Joint BPAWG and Agile Brown Bag Meeting: Creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement on Campus: Monday, 9/15 : 290 Hearst Mining Bldg

[Micronet] Joint BPAWG and Agile Brown Bag Meeting: Creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement on Campus: Monday, 9/15 : 290 Hearst Mining Bldg

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

For the first Agile Brown Bag of the semester we have quite an exciting opportunity:  Andrea Lambert (OE) and her team are developing a campus plan for creating a culture of continuous business process improvement.  To do that they need our ideas.  So we are joining forces with BPAWG (the Business Process Analysis Working Group) to have a workshop where everyone can contribute to the creating the kind of business process improvement culture that we all want to see at Berkeley.  The announcement is below.

Judy ( on behalf of the Agile Brown Bag Organizing Committee)

--------------------------------

The Business Process Analysis Working Group (BPAWG), in partnership with the Agile Users Group, presents:

"Co-creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement” (description below)

Monday, September 15, 2014
12:00-1:30pm
290 Hearst Mining Building - NEW ROOM

Presenter(s):

Andrea Lambert,  Project Manager, Business Process Management Team

Are you a business process or agile management enthusiast? Do you want to help build a Business Process Management (BPM) system that will serve the creation of a process-focused culture at all levels of the organization?  Please come give us your input on what's worked, what hasn't, and why. We want to use your expertise to help build the OE Program Office's project that will design and develop a BPM system for the campus.

Andrea Lambert, Business Process Management System Implementation Project Manager, and members of the BPM Project Team will provide an overview of the project and lead the group in experiential activities aimed at gathering input for project recommendations. We hope you will join us!

Best,

James

------------------------------
Upcoming Agile Brown Bag Meetings

Monday, 9/29 -  Noon to 1:30 - User Experience Mapping Workshop with Bernie Geuy of ETS - Hearst 200C

We are going to learn User Experience Mapping (http://www.adaptivepath.com/ideas/the-anatomy-of-an-experience-map/) by mapping the new employee experience here at Berkeley.  For those of you who came to Bernie's presentation last semester this is a good chance to try out what you've learned.  For those who missed the presentation, you've got a second chance to learn this powerful technique from a real expert.  So mark your calender.
-----------------------------
Agile Brown Bag FAQ

Who can come to the meetings?
Anyone with an interest in Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry ([hidden email]).

Do you have any other Agile activities?
We have a hour long introduction to Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.  We are also working on an Agile Web site.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conheim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Marlita Kahn (IST-API), Wendy Pennell (EECS), Donna Seaward(Haas), Traci Young (SAIT), Andreas Pinterits (Learning + Org Dev) and Devin Jones (Law).

How can I get more information?
Feel free to get in touch with any member of the Organizing Committee.
--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems